JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a gun shop, but the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center does rentals.

It's not a gun shop, but the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center does rentals.

Are they up and running full steam again? I sure hope so. The wife took their 8 hour class. It did her a world of good. Four hours of class room W/blue guns, and 4 hours on the range. It didn't really cost a whole lot, even for back them. Clackamas County Sherriff's Office really have it gonging on, for the people/tax payers. MultCo got nothing on them.

Used to be at the Public Safety Training Center you had to already have a gun to rent one, may have changed. I believe it was to partially screen out the people who shouldn't be touching one anyway (felons, etc.)

Used to be at he Public Safety Training Center you had to already have a gun to rent one, may have changed. I believe it was to partially screen out the people who shouldn't be touching one anyway (felons, etc.)
Or, wanted to commit suicide. I would think it's still a thing for them.

Used to be at the Public Safety Training Center you had to already have a gun to rent one, may have changed. I believe it was to partially screen out the people who shouldn't be touching one anyway (felons, etc.)
I think its to prevent someone renting a gun and using it to commit suicide on the spot. If you already have your own gun, if you want to commit suicide you would presumably do it by yourself somewhere else, and not involve some innocent gun store or range.

Tritac Shooting Solutions in Salem. I haven't been. However, they have been operating for years. They have a full repertoire of courses of various levels and types and also do individual one-on-one training. You can join as a member for lower prices or come as a visitor. They sell a pretty good range of guns too.

Here's the page that gives rules, prices, and what guns you can rent.

Last Edited:
SafeFire in Camas has over 100 rental guns. They enforce a "have your own gun with you" policy like most ranges. That or come with a friend.

It can be any gun, I saw an old lady bring in her husband's double barreled trap gun so she could try out a S&W EZ .380. The shotgun was about as long as she was tall.

It's primarily an anti-suicide step as well as said earlier to help keep non-eligible types like felons away.

Tritac doesn't appear to require you to bring your own gun but you do have to be legally okay to own one. Don't know how they check that.

Somebody actually did off themselves at safe fire not too long ago, the one and only time i went they had suicide awareness posters and help pamphlets all over the place. Thought it was odd until my friend that brought me told me about the incident 😬

Those flyers have always been there, even before that incident. That's not the only range where that has happened. I've heard that's happened sometlike 4 times at The Place to Shoot in Delta Park.

I don't know this for sure, but the LEO source was in a position to know and has always been reliable with other info.

Bottom line, if we can advert a tragedy and mitigate liability I'm all for it.

Tritac doesn't appear to require you to bring your own gun but you do have to be legally okay to own one. Don't know how they check that.
They used to have a video folks were required to watch. Perhaps nowadays they also do an annual criminal background check (or something)?

Been a long while now since we've been. They had a pretty rough patch for awhile. Were burned out, then had (I believe) 2 suicides.

Or, wanted to commit suicide. I would think it's still a thing for them.

SafeFire in Camas has over 100 rental guns. They enforce a "have your own gun with you" policy like most ranges. That or come with a friend.

It can be any gun, I saw an old lady bring in her husband's double barreled trap gun so she could try out a S&W EZ .380. The shotgun was about as long as she was tall.

It's primarily an anti-suicide step as well as said earlier to help keep non-eligible types like felons away.

Somebody actually did off themselves at safe fire not too long ago, the one and only time i went they had suicide awareness posters and help pamphlets all over the place. Thought it was odd until my friend that brought me told me about the incident 😬
I'd forgotten all about this...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads