JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's opinion science with no real research. Real research would have been a ten year study with the scientist carrying guns of their own. They could then be accurate on their feelings about CCW and not looking at it from the outside.

I say this post has an agenda I do not find honest or kindly.

Obfuscate the issue, manipulate the facts, placate the borderline and susceptible fringe gun owners or uninterested but sympathetic.

This; is within the left's play book to subjugate the those embracing the 2nd amendment, wanting to walk their own path, plot their own course, accept responsibility for their own choices and who are Folk which are able to conclude on their own.
I feel much trepidation over the amount of folk who cannot or will not conclude, require a daddy to make their decisions and keep them safe.

They are swamping the boat!

Prove to me that they actually carried said guns. :rolleyes:

This whole thing sounds like someone trying to push there agenda! I mean for god sake a OHSU scientist wouldn't lie about there feelings. :confused:

Quote!?
The professors determined there is a subset of people who own handguns for self-defense who undergo additional training, which is often timely and costly. These people talked about the added benefits of one-on-one, realistic training involving interactive screens and even invasion scenarios, Huff said. In one training, the participant lays in a bed and practices hearing a threatening noise, taking their gun out of one safe and the ammunition out of another safe and firing rounds at an intruder, she said.

I am confused should I have two safes in my bed room now. Instead of just the one bolted to the floor down stares, where I keep my self defense weapon locked securely with the combination lock, behind the steel door ?
Isn't locking the the little key lock on the hammer enough wile it is in the safe? Or do I need to get a safe for my bullets also? Can I put the bullet safe inside the larger gun safe or is there some legislation now requiring them to be separate?
No need to reply, Thank you.
Silver Hand

Quote!?
The professors determined there is a subset of people who own handguns for self-defense who undergo additional training, which is often timely and costly. These people talked about the added benefits of one-on-one, realistic training involving interactive screens and even invasion scenarios, Huff said. In one training, the participant lays in a bed and practices hearing a threatening noise, taking their gun out of one safe and the ammunition out of another safe and firing rounds at an intruder, she said.

I am confused should I have two safes in my bed room now. Instead of just the one bolted to the floor down stares, where I keep my self defense weapon locked securely with the combination lock, behind the steel door ?
Isn't locking the the little key lock on the hammer enough wile it is in the safe? Or do I need to get a safe for my bullets also? Can I put the bullet safe inside the larger gun safe or is there some legislation now requiring them to be separate?
Silver Hand

Just find the biggest and highest capacity pistol you got, load her up, and leave it laying around with a sign that says, "Touch ME!".

Some people who carry handguns think responsible gun owners must first try to verbally de-escalate a situation and call police, seeing the drawing of their gun as a last resort, Huff said. Others take more of a stand-your-ground approach and will fire when they perceive a real threat, she said.

That seems a little premature, even for "Stand Your Ground". Whatever happened to yelling, "STOP!", "Stop or I'll shoot!" or "Don't make me shoot you!". It's like in the study there's only two choices, de-escalate or empty your mag at the drop of a hat.

The above quote suggests that some people don't see using their weapon as a last resort, and further implies some seem to consider use of deadly force as something approaching a first resort., which I find to be a completely ridiculous assertion. I'm sure there are plenty of internet warriors with the "shoot 'em all - let God sort 'em out" attitude online, but I suspect that's mostly swagger. The researchers seem to take that as authentic tactics supported by many. That's absurd.

It's opinion science with no real research. Real research would have been a ten year study with the scientist carrying guns of their own. They could then be accurate on their feelings about CCW and not looking at it from the outside.

To include 5 instances where 5 big dudes chase them all the way to a public transportation ramp, ride next to them (while man spreading) all the way to the de-embarkation point, follow them to their commune, then bang on the doors and windows; accosting them right up until the cops arrive, then run...

:s0140:

What were the gun forums visited? What questions were asked and how were they worded?

Just a couple of the MANY questions that come to mind. Anytime you have academia looking to "understand" the mindset, I would assume they are really looking to prove what they already believe they know.

Trust meter on this one is pegged at a BIG FAT ZERO.

EXACTLY, follow the money, they are buying their side of the outcome.
I do not trust studies becaus cash trades hands with the outcome already decided.:mad:

The researchers came to my house and offered me a half-dozen bananas to answer a few questions. Of course I took them, what monkey turns down free bananas? They also wanted to hook up some electrodes to my jingle bells, I jumped at that opportunity! :s0023:
u got bananas too???

i got one of these in my backyard now

:s0055:

Quote!?

Silver Hand

I propose this response be added to those replying to a post. LMAO <broken link removed> <broken link removed> <broken link removed> <broken link removed>

I am always astounded when people with absolutely no working knowledge of any tool or piece of equipment try to "understand" the process and then make judgements based on their complete misunderstanding of said item or use of said item.

"I don't know how you do it, but I don't like it and I think you should stop. I will use quotes like the one below to make you think I have a clue, which I obviously don't".

""You're doing something in public but it's not public," Huff said. "You're not letting other people know you do it so it's really hard for social norms to evolve when you're engaging in an activity that is not really social even though you're doing it in a social space."

So? and what does it matter? This statement has absolutely no point. I wonder how much Huff "puffs"?

One more thing, the risks are assumed by the party who creates the situation where my handgun needs to be drawn. Well, and my ears, cuz I won't stop and find a set of muffs or plugs...

I am always astounded when people with absolutely no working knowledge of any tool or piece of equipment try to "understand" the process and then make judgements based on their complete misunderstanding of said item or use of said item.

"I don't know how you do it, but I don't like it and I think you should stop. I will use quotes like the one below to make you think I have a clue, which I obviously don't".

""You're doing something in public but it's not public," Huff said. "You're not letting other people know you do it so it's really hard for social norms to evolve when you're engaging in an activity that is not really social even though you're doing it in a social space."

So? and what does it matter? This statement has absolutely no point. I wonder how much Huff "puffs"?

I hate educated idiots who actually think that they are so smart!!! They do not have an effing clue & never will.:mad:

I hate educated idiots who actually think that they are so smart!!! They do not have an effing clue & never will.:mad:

Agree, if Thomas Sowell read this article, he might invite our attention to one of his characterizations...in his book "Conflict of Visions" (highly recommended), so will I:

"The Audacity of the Intellectual"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top