JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Paraphrasing you here if you don't mind. Let's say that that knock on the door is because the teacher of one of your kids feels that your child is disruptive and is obviously suffering from a mental disorder, and the school nurse agrees. Since there are guns in the house with a mentally unstable person, they must all be removed. And they have the serial numbers of all of your guns so they know what you have.

A little bit of tin foil hat thinking here - or is it? Just happened in California when a woman was put on a 72 hour hold. In that case, having a gun safe, and the fact that 2 of the guns were registered to the husband didn't make any difference at all.

I have no problem with it at all. I am not sure what this has to do with 4473's though.

How does the "nurse" know there are guns in your house? Who are "they"? How and where did they get all the serial numbers?

I can see the OPs concern for privacy, but I would want to know that the gun I am purchasing from a private seller was not stolen or used in a crime. If found out later, I would be out the gun and my cash. Is there a state or national way to check and see if a serial number has been reported lost, stolen or used in a crime? Like VIN check for cars https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck or cell phones Database of stolen, lost and found GSM/UMTS mobile phones.

You would not have to enter your personal information, just the serial number to make sure it is clean before buying.

I can see the OPs concern for privacy, but I would want to know that the gun I am purchasing from a private seller was not stolen or used in a crime. If found out later, I would be out the gun and my cash. Is there a state or national way to check and see if a serial number has been reported lost, stolen or used in a crime? Like VIN check for cars https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck or cell phones Database of stolen, lost and found GSM/UMTS mobile phones.

You would not have to enter your personal information, just the serial number to make sure it is clean before buying.

The Oregon State Police can run the number for you.
Personal information is not required, just the serial number and make of the gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top