JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you haven't realized it yet, nobody is loosing any tears about that. In fact, that has been the plan for years.

I recall a conversation that I had the misfortune to be involved in nearly twenty years ago, that included a California developer who was chuckling about how Oregon was about to radically change. Specifically he was referring to the native residents who would eventually be "be forced to change, or forced out". In an incredible display of indifference, he continued on by describing the locals as a population of uneducated hillbillies who were about to be eradicated either by dying off or by being forced into the "swamps" somewhere.

Didn't think much about it at the time {other than saying to myself.."what a Richard"} Now I wonder if that guy was just prophetic or did he really know something back in the nineties ?

This goes beyond taking away our gun rights locally a little bit at a time. Class warfare by design.

Disturbing. I guess I should have realized that by now. That conversation sounds like a missed opportunity for feeding the fish or improving the top soil.
There must be SOME (semi-civilized) way to make Oregon less attractive to those types. Or, uncivilized if that's what it takes. C'mon RAIN!!

Disturbing. I guess I should have realized that by now. That conversation sounds like a missed opportunity for feeding the fish or improving the top soil.
There must be SOME (semi-civilized) way to make Oregon less attractive to those types. Or, uncivilized if that's what it takes. C'mon RAIN!!

Now there's a great example of thinking outside of the box !

So the lack of 'Fudd' support is what the whole mag ban 'hinges' on? Care to explain?

Sure, there are people (gun owners) who elect politicians who's sole agenda is to restrict or ban anything to do with ownership of guns.
Making laws that will never detour the criminals or crazies out on society, which by the way there are already many thousands of laws that are not enforced today.
So basically what we have happening in America is a death by 1000 cuts whittling down our 2A rights of owherdhip. If this keeps happening then eventually they will not let you have ANY guns, even bolt action or single shots.... then what will you do?

So basically what we have happening in America is a death by 1000 cuts whittling down our 2A rights of owherdhip. If this keeps happening then eventually they will not let you have ANY guns, even bolt action or single shots.... then what will you do?
Well, the founding fathers did use black powder weapons and defeated a monarchy to create a free and independent land... they keep going down this path, then perhaps they want a repeat...

Just how many "High Capacity" magazines are out there in use already?
Better question : How many are owned and used by folks who have never committed a crime?
And of course my favorite question:
Why should law abiding gun owners be held accountable / punished / have items they own banned etc , for the actions of criminals and other people beyond their control?

If someone is shot and killed by the latest Infantry rifle , they will be just as dead as if they were shot and killed by one of my antique muskets or rifles.
29 more shots won't make them "deader"*....
More to the point ....It doesn't matter what they were shot with or how many bullets the magazine holds , what matters is that someone thought shooting at someone was the answer to what bothered them.

* I do hear the argument that having 29 more shots can make you "deadlier" or can give one the potential to commit more mayhem....
To this I say:
Everyone and everything has the potential to be deadly.
What was used to commit the deed , should not be the focus , but just what made the deed seem like a good solution or answer to life's ills should be the focus.
Andy

California is the test bed of what politicians can get away with. Its not what the people want. Ever drive in LA? Did you know they have a speed limit? Notice no one seems to care?

Criminals and police are the protected class that can get any gun they want and have standard capacity magazines. Weird, huh?

I believe this year there curtain was pulled back to expose that the little man (our political system) behind it is all the same. Maybe a little abortion protection and drug freedom here or more imigration enforcement there but 90% of the bs doesn't matter who's running the show. The biggest example of why we need the 2A in 2017 is all the REFUGEES fleeing their homeland because they gave up their rights.

Attorneys general unite in support of California magazine ban

Of course, Oregon has to side with the Cali snowflakes.
Idiots.
I keep reading Oregon will follow the way of cali....
ofcoure it will Oregon IS NO DIFFERENT, rife with liberal democrats needing safe spaces the majority of the members here are democrats and vote for democrats which = always more gun control STOP WHINING OR STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT

and one of you will reply the same horse puckey that cailif flakes are coming here....yes they are because your birds of a feather you attract them here with your liberal views and lifestyles and ALWAYS VOTING DEMOCRAT WHAT THE "H" DO YOU EXPECT... Oregon was always hippy democrat just not as political but things change

I personally love how Californians that move up here think the issue is higher property values. (As a property owner, I actually like that aspect) Or, They think people don't like them just because they have money.. effing hilarious. I had a customer just yesterday from Cali and she brought up her sons removing their liscense plates asap and she gave that reason. I have to stay apolitical at work but told her it is the idea that people feel the need to leave a place for whatever reason, then feel the need to change the place they move to into the place they left. It's insanity. She agreed, they always do. It's those "other Californians" that forget why they left.

Best start trying to turn the Fudds or it's all over....

Sure, there are people (gun owners) who elect politicians who's sole agenda is to restrict or ban anything to do with ownership of guns.
Making laws that will never detour the criminals or crazies out on society, which by the way there are already many thousands of laws that are not enforced today.
So basically what we have happening in America is a death by 1000 cuts whittling down our 2A rights of ownership. If this keeps happening then eventually they will not let you have ANY guns, even bolt action or single shots.... then what will you do?

Here are a few examples of Fudds my friend Jim was talking about ........

First, lets go with the "you don't need 30 bullets to kill a deer/duck/whatever game" crowd = About Hunters Against Gun Violence

Hunters against gun rights said:
In addition, we support limitations on the size of magazines for center-fire weapons. The use of high capacity magazines cannot be justified for hunting, recreation or self-defense. In fact, high capacity magazines in rifles or shotguns are already illegal for use in almost all hunting in Colorado and most states. High capacity magazines were designed for military use, to provide the opportunity for maximum killing potential for members of our armed forces. There is no reason to provide such massive killing power for ordinary citizens interested in recreation, hunting, or defense against household intruders.

Then you get the gun owners that support anti-gun organizations = Links

fudds.PNG

And my final example is the "I'm a 'sensible gun owner' because if I don't like it, no one should own it", of which there are a few inhabiting this site.

Opinion | Confessions of a Sensible Gun Owner
LILY RAFF MCCAULOU said:
BEND, Ore. —

Snip

that of gun owners who favor safer gun laws. We should be helping lead the national conversation about gun control, ….

Snip

This is my reality as a gun owner: I use guns for an activity I love, but I also worry about gun violence. Like most Americans, I want stronger gun laws….

Snip

A great many hunters and gun owners are like me. We are not "gun nuts," stockpiling weapons......

Snip

we are regularly reminded of why guns need to be regulated.

Snip

I hope there are more sensible gun laws, such as those that close loopholes on background check requirements, restore funding for research on gun violence and regulate modified semiautomatic guns just as strongly as we do the automatic guns they are altered to mimic.

Ray

but told her it is the idea that people feel the need to leave a place for whatever reason, then feel the need to change the place they move to into the place they left.
Yep - pretty basic premise - been repeating this for years and unfortunately the changes have already been made by them throughout Central Oregon. You can take the person out of California but you cant take the California out of the person. Heck it ain't hard to spot them either - they stick out like a sore thumb!

First, lets go with the "you don't need 30 bullets to kill a deer/duck/whatever game" crowd = About Hunters Against Gun Violence

View attachment 400743

And my final example is the "I'm a 'sensible gun owner' because if I don't like it, no one should own it", of which there are a few inhabiting this site.

Ray
Seems to me to be more like lefties that kinda like guns than hunting and gun lovin' people that agree with lefties.

As far as the fudd, issue, I agree gun people need to not piss on each other. That's why I get upset when I read on this forum about people saying a person that didn't follow another persons prescribed ideas about gun safety or home defense, should be ridiculed or thrown in jail. That kind of talk is not good for us when it comes from us. It will not hurt the statists that want to limit our gun rights, it only helps them to see infighting.
Fudds not caring about standard capacity magazines is no worse than a snowflake that criticizes a household that doesn't lock up all thier guns.

As far as the fudd, issue, I agree gun people need to not piss on each other. That's why I get upset when I read on this forum about people saying a person that didn't follow another persons prescribed ideas about gun safety or home defense, should be ridiculed or thrown in jail. That kind of talk is not good for us when it comes from us. It will not hurt the statists that want to limit our gun rights, it only helps them to see infighting.
Fudds not caring about standard capacity magazines is no worse than a snowflake that criticizes a household that doesn't lock up all thier guns.
Thank you! I never said I 'agree' with them IE 'Fudds' (still hate the term) but I DO NOT agree with 'them' being used as the 'whipping boy' for gun rights issues.

ofcoure it will Oregon IS NO DIFFERENT, rife with liberal democrats needing safe spaces the majority of the members here are democrats and vote for democrats which = always more gun control STOP WHINING OR STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT
I have a sort of theory on that. Who settled California? A lot of it was people jumping into the gold rush. People wanting get rich quick free stuff. Oregon was not a lot different. People coming for free land. More "free" stuff. A bunch of people looking for free stuff instead of freedom may not be the best formula for society. Add to that the fact that a lot of them were not the sharpest tacks in the box as witnessed by the stories of pipe organs and heavy cast iron cook stoves discarded on the way west once reality struck. Oregon had a little advantage in that people looking for land mostly knew they'd have to work it. A lot of Californians just thought they'd pick gold up off the ground. I believe many traits ARE hereditary.

and one of you will reply the same horse puckey that cailif flakes are coming here....yes they are because your birds of a feather you attract them here with your liberal views and lifestyles and ALWAYS VOTING DEMOCRAT WHAT THE "H" DO YOU EXPECT... Oregon was always hippy democrat just not as political but things change
I don't have to STOP voting democrat. I NEVER started. I first voted by absentee ballot while in the middle of Marine Corps boot camp (I was really impressed with the deferential, almost reverent treatment my ballot and briefly myself got from the Drill Instructors) and I didn't vote D even back then. Rarely anyone to vote FOR but I can always vote against by picking the mediocre but less bad opponent, I don't want the guy who's "gonna fight for me". I want the guy who's going to leave me alone!

Seems to me to be more like lefties that kinda like guns than hunting and gun lovin' people that agree with lefties.

It's not so much about the "Fudds not caring", it's about the Fudds that only care about the firearms that they like (Joe Biden, Floyd Prozanski, Bill Maher, etc) and actively promote the banning firearms/accessories (standard capacity magazines/bump stocks/"assault weapons"/class 3 firearms/suppressors/open carry/etc.), it's about the Fudds that support gun control groups that actively want to ban every aspect of gun ownership (these Fudds seem to think that the anti's will stop before they get to those "sniper rifles" and "street sweeper" shotguns that hunters use) and it's about the Fudds that give lip service to the 2nd Amendment by saying "I support the 2A, but..................", that are screwing us.

These people probably do as much damage to our rights as the anti's do.

Ray

Naturally the anti's have never proven or provided data showing hi-cap bans reduce crime, death or injury ...
they just 'feel' it might somehow.
There is a legal thing for constitutional matters called 'strict scrutiny' where any new law is supposed to actually provide reasonable proof that it will actually accomplish what it's supporters claim.

Let's hope the SCOTUS begins to apply this in the future on 2nd Amendment laws that come before it.
Well, the AWB did not have an effect on crime. Gun crime still occurs in areas with gun control, in some cases higher than some areas that have relaxed gun laws, and the rate doesn't seem to be changed in either direction. But then again I also haven't bothered to look up the stats of every state so take my word with a grain of salt. Also, I am biased towards eliminating gun laws in general so again keep that in mind.

They never prove it because they either can't, or don't want to risk being proven wrong on the objective side (where logic dictates things), so they try to tug at emotions instead. Problem is emotional arguments don't have much ground when arguments need to be logic based.

View attachment 400743

Ray

:s0101: Excellent post Brother!!! Exactly what I was trying to relate.:cool:

And the jackwagons ("elected officials") in WA follow Cali and OR too!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top