JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to put this out there, you can subscribe to receive the agendas and meeting times of various Oregon Legislative Committees here:

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORLEG/subscriber/new

Of specific concern to us as gun owners will be the House and Senate Judiciary Committees. These are the committees where gun control measures are heard. The House Judiciary Committee is Chaired by Jeff Barker, a retired Portland Police Officer who is generally a friend to gun owners and has made public statements regarding new gun restrictions not being needed.

The first Senate Judiciary Meeting is Monday, February 4th at 8:30 am in room 343.

The first House Judiciary Meeting is Monday, February 4th at 1:00 pm in room 343.

Sign up and keep track of these things, be informed about what your elected officials are doing! Go to the meetings and provide testimony if possible, or submit written testimony if you're unable to attend.

I'll be going to the House meeting in the afternoon, I'd like to go to the morning Senate meeting but I'm unable to do so.

Stay informed and stay active!

Last Edited:
I went to the House Judiciary Meeting this afternoon, while no gun laws were discussed (it was DUII Day), I found it interesting anyhow.

For those who plan on going to later meetings regarding 2A rights, there are sheets where you can sign up to address the committee regarding each individual proposed law. When you address you can show your reason to be in favor of it, or against it, or ask that certain amendments be added and your reasoning.

Pretty basic, but interesting to see nevertheless. I encourage anyone who plans on going to testify regarding 2A laws to attend at least one meeting before that to get the lay of the land and figure out how things work. It's a good learning experience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top