JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Creating this as a central thread to track legislative activity for Washington State this year. Previous threads are holdovers from 2020 and 2022.

Mods, can you pin this to the top of the section and deprecate the old threads?

Thx for the update. Missed it yesterday. So they're watered down a little, going into session. Wish they'd try harder to hold criminals accountable instead of FFL or industry. Kirk sounds more hopeful these recent days over these bills.
I like some of these YouTube 2A lawyers. Pretty good powerhouse possible if they started their own 2A advocacy group.

Thanks for posting! Great to hear the AWB and the repeal of state preemption might not survive the legislative session! They aren't dead yet officially, so I am staying mentally prepared for them to pull a zombie and get back up again.

I hope pre-purchasing requirements being referred back to the Rules committee means they are taking a hard look at what happened in Oregon with 114 and reconsidering going on record in favor of something so obviously unconstitutional. Either way, glad they added a delay of implantation until 2025. That should give us time to make headway on the legal challenge.

The bill affecting FFLs still sucks in spite of the changes, hoping we get legal challenges rolling asap once it drops.

When the legislature is in session, neither your wallet, nor your freedom are safe. As long as we have one party rule here in WA, the attacks on our freedoms will only get more bold.

1677344478283.png

I sent this to my three 2A pro elected reps.. Yes I know it won't happen but it doesn't hurt to wish.. :)

Dan

How about the 3 of you get together and introduce a bill like they're doing in Illinois?
SB 2106 Synopsis As Introduced​
Amends the General Assembly Operations Act. Provides that any member of the General Assembly who wishes to introduce a bill pertaining to a firearm must be able to prove that he or she has completed firearm training requirements under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, range safety officer training, and a basic knowledge test of calibers and gauges of firearms.​

(My request)
BUT….Along with their 'stated requirements' in lines 10~13, for Washington State elected officials, include/mandate a background check(with fee), a license fee (just because), a registration fee (just because)& a proficiency test (with fees) in shooting/handling with BOTH a semi-auto pistol (9mm or larger caliber) and a semi-auto rifle .223/5.56 or larger caliber. All associated fees SHALL be paid by from the legislators own personal funds. No fees SHALL be paid for with state funds!

Got this response from one of my three reps. The two Ds blew me off.

Doesn't seem too positive this year -- almost like she's telling me that we are indeed screwed.

Will,

Thanks for your email regarding various onerous gun control bills. I am concerned that such bills infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights and I will oppose such bills. I also encourage you to testify remotely here: https://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Participating.aspx on any such bills you oppose. I will also continue to fight to give law enforcement the tools they need to do their job. I completely agree with you and fought the onslaught of anti-police legislation these last few years. Unfortunately, I am in a steep minority in the legislature and could not stop them. I truly appreciate your advocacy on this issue and thank you for your involvement in this legislative process.

Warmest Regards,

Michelle Caldier
State Representative
26th Legislative District
Capital Bldg, LEG 122H
(360) 786-7802
Email: [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR