JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meanwhile, 37,641 innocent folks were killed in traffic accidents in 2016 alone. Close to 3,755,268 since records began. No move to ban cars. No red flag record-keeping on bad drivers. Can you imagine the bunched-up undergarments if 37K were shot in 2017? I mean, Chicago and DC were close, but still...

It's not about saving lives. It never has been or will be. It's about the fear the state has of armed citizens. The state is only comfortable with unarmed subjects that need to ask for permission to do for every and any thing.

Last Edited:
I know a few people that had one night stands and ended up with a child, they never lived with the person or had an actual relationship, but under this law that person would be considered an intimate partner because they share a child. Crazy.

I'm not supporting this, but it does seem that it's at least limited to direct family or LEO to make a claim:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A law enforcement officer • Family member • Spouse • Intimate partner • Parent • Child • Sibling • Any person living in the household of the person they are concerned about can request an Order from the court.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Might exclude a psycho ex-wife or
Yes. It is a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum of one year's imprisonment, a $6,250 fine, or both to file a false report in order to harass someone. How that is established remains to be seen.
is there any provision for negative repercussions on the person making a FALSE "red flag" claim?

If not then a gun owner could make a claim against an anti-gun person and have the police tear their house apart looking for a non-existent gun anti-gun person has "hidden" after they make a threat, real or imagined.:s0149:

Then just sit back and watch the mayhem :s0093:

Edited to add what I figured was the unsaid but obvious...
... "Just askin', we're not like them so we wouldn't actually do that".:rolleyes:

The penitity for making a false claim should be a class c felony with a 500.000 fine . Just the resources it will cost to go take someone's guns is spendy.if they go around chasing all the lies or imagined fear of every nut job we are related to or had a relationship with.it will cost mass resources unless they will just steal your guns and sell them on gunbroker

Boiled down to its essence, the progressive left is asserting that freedom is simply too dangerous. Yet, if you could perform some sort of electromagnetic satellite imaging of their residences, you would find their guns.

I do believe that people filing a false restraining order would have liability in the same way with this especially if items were damaged like safes etc, lost time from work all this stuff if it happens some one needs to set precedence and sue .
That form f-n pisses me off 100% illegal with no due process.

Just a matter of time before the end.
I do believe that people filing a false restraining order would have liability in the same way with this especially if items were damaged like safes etc, lost time from work all this stuff if it happens some one needs to set precedence and sue .
That form f-n pisses me off 100% illegal with no due process.

The person being accused is never allowed to know who filed the order . How can the be held liable if they are never revealed

This conversation illustrates the importance of choosing the right judges in the jurisdiction we live. He is the lynchpin in this entire conversation and the definition of due process. How many of you even know the names of the judges that represent you let alone there positions on various issues? A bad law is only made worse by a bad judge. So few people even show up to vote today (particularly in smaller elections) and so few study down the ballot far enough to know anything about the judges we vote for it doesn't take much to elect or defeat any of them. Even appointed judges can be selected by the representives we vote into office. This kid that shot up the Florida high school should have had a psych exam and his guns taken away. There was plenty of warning that the authorities ignored. They should share in the responsibility for the actions he took. If some judge had stepped in and delt with the situation properly, many guys here would defame the judge........wrongfully so......it isn't like he was unknown and came out of the blue. I have my share of crazy past girlfriends and one really crazy ex wife so understand those issues as well as anyone but it was always a judge that protected me when I needed it. It should have been a judge (and law enforcement) that protected the kids in Parkland.........A representative republic like we live in requires participation in every conceivable way........way too many of us leave it up to other people to deal with the issues and challenges of society then complain when things don't go our way.

Last Edited:
The person being accused is never allowed to know who filed the order . How can the be held liable if they are never revealed

You mean on the new law they are no allowed ever ? I didn't recall reading that if you are sure I will re-read it again but didnt recall seeing that part ...

You mean on the new law they are no allowed ever ? I didn't recall reading that if you are sure I will re-read it again but didnt recall seeing that part ...

Yes the extreme risk protection order .your accuser remains anonymous to you . You do not get to confront your accuser in a court of law .

...No move to ban cars. No red flag record-keeping on bad drivers...
Yep, just this week we had 6 more injured by what was likely(they haven't released the info yet) a drunk going the wrong way on a Freeway. He already had 4 priors for being DRUNK:(:mad: and it seems he had "Stolen":mad: the car he was driving, so...

In 2001 the Supreme Court determined parental rights are afforded constitutionally under "due process". In 2005 the Oregon Supreme Court pulled a complete 100 percent reversal of the US Supreme Court decision in a case called Epler. Oregon does it's own thing, hence the new motto "she flies with her own wings". Oregon... .

Meanwhile, 37,641 innocent folks were killed in traffic accidents in 2016 alone. Close to 3,755,268 since records began. No move to ban cars. No red flag record-keeping on bad drivers. Can you imagine the bunched-up undergarments if 37K were shot in 2017? I mean, Chicago and DC were close, but still...
Hey, there's no need to bring up facts in this argument! Seriously though, I always tell people that I don't know why silencers are regulated followed by stats on various crimes committed in comparison to my personal estimates on silencers used in crimes. I know that people in general are dumb but I think if you took those on the stereotypical far "right" and then the "left", the left is more aggressive, more offensive, more oppressive, less intelligent, more hyper responsive, etc. I really don't want to try being funny here but I really do think it's some sort of neurosis, that is the only explanation of the symptoms I see.

Alan12013: The same holds true for the so called "Machine Guns" which at one time had only been used one time to commit a Murder and that was done by a LEO so...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top