JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, demeaning was her demeanor. Shoulda seen the look on the face of the guy I was accepting the trade from when she lit into him about the color copy of his drivers license. I told her that he'd never been there before, this was my deal and I knew there was a fee for them doing the copy. She still pissed and moaned about "using all of her stuff".
Yeah, the fee is $35, plus the $3 copy fee.
On a more positive note I got a call this morning. I'll be heading out in a few minutes to pick up my new to me Ed Brown.
I feel like the guy (husband?) doesn't like how she treats people too but knows if he spoke up she'd lay into him in front of everyone.

That's the thing with her. She gets pissed if people who have never been there before are surprised you can't pay with a card and they charge you to make a copy of your DL.

Just don't make eye contact with her today and you should be good. LOL.

When I picked up the gun this afternoon, there were two guys at the counter, but I only dealt with one. He was very courteous and allowed me to inspect the gun before signing. Neither one said anything about a trigger lock.

If it wasn't for the lady, I would go back.

What fun would that be? ;)
OK so here's the Deal.

We all go down there and look at some guns. We specifically request to work with the BLOND.

We ask all sorts of ridiculous questions like "But is it safe to have a gun in my home??"

Some of us should like wear like clothes with our zipper down but our shirt tail sticking out through it, that sort of thing. You understand, right?

@Mikej seems to like the way she grabs your hand, so maybe you grab it back and linger for just a second or two.

Let's set a date.

OK so here's the Deal.

We all go down there and look at some guns. We specifically request to work with the BLOND.

We ask all sorts of ridiculous questions like "But is it safe to have a gun in my home??"

Some of us should like wear like clothes with our zipper down but our shirt tail sticking out through it, that sort of thing. You understand, right?

@Mikej seems to like the way she grabs your hand, so maybe you grab it back and linger for just a second or two.

Let's set a date.
Yer Killin' me man! :s0140:

Yes, demeaning was her demeanor. Shoulda seen the look on the face of the guy I was accepting the trade from when she lit into him about the color copy of his drivers license. I told her that he'd never been there before, this was my deal and I knew there was a fee for them doing the copy. She still pissed and moaned about "using all of her stuff".
Yeah, the fee is $35, plus the $3 copy fee.
On a more positive note I got a call this morning. I'll be heading out in a few minutes to pick up my new to me Ed Brown.
I believe I've only done three deals down there? Maybe four. Two were guns shipped to them from Gun Broker and Atlantic Arms. And one sold, one bought. I only dealt with the gal (Owner?) once. She wasn't NEAR as mean as she's being described now. But still a PITA with the grab-hand thing. Both of the other two guys I dealt with were great! They seemed to love watching me unwrap all the tape and padding from a 100+ YO Swedish Mauser sent by an individual from back east somewhere.
The other place out there I've dealt with, with great, friendly service, was "A cut Above Pawn" out 181st at TV Highway. They were $25.00 back then. But Cut Above Pawn is unable to hold private party transfer guns while a BGC clears.

I believe I've only done three deals down there? Maybe four. Two were guns shipped to them from Gun Broker and Atlantic Arms. And one sold, one bought. I only dealt with the gal (Owner?) once. She wasn't NEAR as mean as she's being described now. But still a PITA with the grab-hand thing. Both of the other two guys I dealt with were great! They seemed to love watching me unwrap all the tape and padding from a 100+ YO Swedish Mauser sent by an individual from back east somewhere.
The other place out there I've dealt with, with great, friendly service, was "A cut Above Pawn" out 181st at TV Highway. They were $25.00 back then. But Cut Above Pawn is unable to hold private party transfer guns while a BGC clears.
Yeah A Cut Above is my go-to. Great people there, although I haven't been there in a while...

Yeah A Cut Above is my go-to. Great people there, although I haven't been there in a while...
I recently did a transfer there, and not the first one. They were good to deal with. The only down side is that they normally will not hold a gun while the background check is being processed. Fortunately the guy I was selling the gun to knew the owner and they made an exception. Don't know how many exceptions they make, but it certainly would have been inconvenient for me, as the seller, to have to return.

I recently did a transfer there, and not the first one. They were good to deal with. The only down side is that they normally will not hold a gun while the background check is being processed. Fortunately the guy I was selling the gun to knew the owner and they made an exception. Don't know how many exceptions they make, but it certainly would have been inconvenient for me, as the seller, to have to return.
Is Cut Above still $25.00?

I dislike the idea of having a firearm I paid for floating around out in the wild while waiting for my background check to clear so I can take possession. As a seller I do not want to have somebody show up as a transferee recipient of a firearm I still have in my possession. As a seller I would not want to have to make two trips either.

I have completed transfers at many FFLs in Oregon and they are they only one that haven't held the firearm while background check was being processed.

Their website says $30. Are they doing no response releases at A Cut Above?

Screenshot (248).png

I sold one rifle that was transferred at Fisherman's Supply in OC and it will never happen there again, either. They will not hold it while waiting.
As a seller they wasted an hour and a half of my time. In fact, they held the gun and I had to wait just for the paperwork to go thru. Obviously they aren't interested in performing that service.

OK so here's the Deal.

Let's set a date.
I'm in, where was this place again? Portland area?

Cut above won't hold the firearm in a private transfer situation which is a huge hassle, then I'm in there the other day and a "regular "(they know him by name) asks them to hold the rifle for the buy and they were like "no problem" I about started screaming at them I'm an hour drive one way and have done multiple trade/sales there and they wouldn't hold the firearm in the back for me or the buyer/trader, really pissed me off thinking about all the fuel and time I have wasted then they pick and choose who they will hold the firearms for. Either do or don't but to pick and chose is F'd up.
Tick licker raised their transfer fees Jan1 2024 from 35 to 45$ and said they did it because Coat of Arms raised theirs!! Coat of arms just fought the State and won and legal bills were $100k from what I heard, so I get they charge what they want they get a pass in my book. I have heard of other shops in the Salem area lowering there prices, Elite Buyers NW only charges $25 so I will just go there for transfers, with the NICS backed up the way it is currently I also tend to prefer shops that honor the 3 day rule and will pay the extra $10 if that's the case.
My two cents

Cut above won't hold the firearm in a private transfer situation which is a huge hassle, then I'm in there the other day and a "regular "(they know him by name) asks them to hold the rifle for the buy and they were like "no problem" I about started screaming at them I'm an hour drive one way and have done multiple trade/sales there and they wouldn't hold the firearm in the back for me or the buyer/trader, really pissed me off thinking about all the fuel and time I have wasted then they pick and choose who they will hold the firearms for. Either do or don't but to pick and chose is F'd up.
Tick licker raised their transfer fees Jan1 2024 from 35 to 45$ and said they did it because Coat of Arms raised theirs!! Coat of arms just fought the State and won and legal bills were $100k from what I heard, so I get they charge what they want they get a pass in my book. I have heard of other shops in the Salem area lowering there prices, Elite Buyers NW only charges $25 so I will just go there for transfers, with the NICS backed up the way it is currently I also tend to prefer shops that honor the 3 day rule and will pay the extra $10 if that's the case.
My two cents
Yeah that would be really annoying. Up until my last two purchases (both in last couple months), I've never had to wait. All were instant approvals. Haven't been to Cut Above since the the wait times increased.

The new OSP portal. Many people who use to get instant approvals, no longer get them since OSP starting using the new portal.
This, the same started happening to me and I even have a damn UPIN, and still have to wait. Talked to the folks at various gun shops and they all say the same. New portal/process. Sucks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top