JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually asked her about how she wanted it done, rolled or not, and she said "Just a decent thumb print". It was a big deal, though, about the copy of the seller's ID, even with the little sign saying it was gonna cost 3 bucks.

Tomorrow is three business days. I'll make a phone call tomorrow afternoon. I've only had to wait three days once, other than that I've had a near instant approval or a quick "delayed". I think something fishy is up, like they didn't run the BGC right then. AND, if there's a problem with the perfect gun the seller handed them, there will be a commotion. Trust me. Like I said, no more dealing with them.
I'm guessing you can pick it up on Saturday. I was also in the 1700s a couple weeks ago. I called a couple times to see where I was at in line, and it seems like they get through a out 500 a day. I got to pick mine up the 4th business day.

Did ya' get your hand held to make sure the thumb print was good?
Yeah, I have noticed recently (in the last year or so, maybe since April '23) that there seems to be this Hyper-Sensitivity toward HOW you hold and ROLL your thumb, etc etc. And this is not Pawn for More, I am talking Sportsmans Warehouse, et. al.

Yeah, I have noticed recently (in the last year or so, maybe since April '23) that there seems to be this Hyper-Sensitivity toward HOW you hold and ROLL your thumb, etc etc. And this is not Pawn for More, I am talking Sportsmans Warehouse, et. al.
Recently, at Sportsmans, they took my thumbprint (no kidding) almost 30 times before they were happy.
People in line behind me were not happy.

I feel like they don't even do anything with these prints. Are they just in some huge box in the back? Are they even scanned for the background check? I would think they aren't if there's identities that are mixed up because of similar names.

The prints are attached and stored with the 4473.

You might be surprised at how many bad finger prints people lay down. Most common problem is smudging by using too much pressure on paper. Medium heavy pressure on ink pad and light on the paper usually gets good results. If you want me to hold your hand while you do your prints, you'd better bring me flowers and chocolates.

Tigard Pawn may do a no response release on 5th business day. Holidays and weekends are not counted. If you did a bg check on a Monday it would be eligible for release on a Friday (assuming no holidays in that week).

As for blondes, all I can say is feel my pain.

Quick story on why good fingerprints can help you as customer. We had a guy drive up from Salem to do a transfer. He laid down, what I thought were not great but acceptable prints. The guy came under some extra scrutiny by OSP and they requested that we send them his prints. They didn't like the quality of his prints so he had to drive back up from Salem to redo his prints. OSP doesn't request prints very often but it is worthwhile to lay down some good ones while you are already there.

The last transfer I did was at Tick Licker in Salem. There I was specifically instructed to NOT roll my thumb. That's exactly how I did it at Tigard, but only after I asked "the blonde one".

I actually asked her about how she wanted it done, rolled or not, and she said "Just a decent thumb print". It was a big deal, though, about the copy of the seller's ID, even with the little sign saying it was gonna cost 3 bucks.

Tomorrow is three business days. I'll make a phone call tomorrow afternoon. I've only had to wait three days once, other than that I've had a near instant approval or a quick "delayed". I think something fishy is up, like they didn't run the BGC right then. AND, if there's a problem with the perfect gun the seller handed them, there will be a commotion. Trust me. Like I said, no more dealing with them.
Did you get your status yet? There are still 10mins left to call the store. We open at 10am tomorrow.

Last Edited:
Quick story on why good fingerprints can help you as customer. We had a guy drive up from Salem to do a transfer. He laid down, what I thought were not great but acceptable prints. The guy came under some extra scrutiny by OSP and they requested that we send them his prints. They didn't like the quality of his prints so he had to drive back up from Salem to redo his prints. OSP doesn't request prints very often but it is worthwhile to lay down some good ones while you are already there.
They requested a full set of prints or just a thumb print?

ETA: Is there a way to submit the .eft prints that are accepted by ATF for a form 4473?

Good, she stopped grabbing your hand for the print. Kind of demeaning. Three bucks for the license now huh? I also heard they raised their price from $25.00 to $35.00 for the BGC? I'd sure like to see someone in the business world not raise prices to us at the bottom, just because they can. :(

Good, she stopped grabbing your hand for the print. Kind of demeaning. Three bucks for the license now huh? I also heard they raised their price from $25.00 to $35.00 for the BGC? I'd sure like to see someone in the business world not raise prices to us at the bottom, just because they can. :(
Yes, demeaning was her demeanor. Shoulda seen the look on the face of the guy I was accepting the trade from when she lit into him about the color copy of his drivers license. I told her that he'd never been there before, this was my deal and I knew there was a fee for them doing the copy. She still pissed and moaned about "using all of her stuff".
Yeah, the fee is $35, plus the $3 copy fee.
On a more positive note I got a call this morning. I'll be heading out in a few minutes to pick up my new to me Ed Brown.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top