JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like the fact you lost your uncle that way.
I liked the fact you brought attention to this potential. ;)

Yes. Dead animals can bite back.
When I was a kid I killed hundreds of rattlesnakes. It's just what I did.

One day I was twirling a dead one around to give it a toss.
You guessed it. Hooked a fang right into my hand. Man that stung! :eek:
Even without injecting any venom.

We used to catch water moccasins out on the lakes in N.C. just paddling up next to them & fast grabbing them behind the head. Never got bit either. Yeah, young & dumb but man was it fun!!!!

Ok after looking at the picture, I see the problem. Having killed my share of elk and having used a quad to get some of them out, his mistake was tying the rope to the back of his machine, when dragging a heavy object, like an elk, tie the rope or run your winch line under your machine from the front to the back, then connect your load to the rope, that way as you pull, the weight of the animal will pull down on the front of your machine, instead of lifting the front end as you pull, like it does if you connect to the back end.
Or just bone it out and do it the white man way..

Or just bone it out and do it the white man way..
I've actually only took one elk out of the woods whole, that was the first one I ever killed. I don't pack bone even when I have a quad to get it out, but I have had to run a line to several, that piled up in vine maple patches, or in creek bottoms. It's surprising what kind of nasty spots those things can pile up in after being stuck with an arrow

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top