JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any sheriff in Oregon can issue you one. Get the paper work online and take the class. Send money and fingerprints, etc and wait a bit.

That said, my understanding is that one or two sheriffs in Oregon are a bit more reluctant to issue than others.

There is a link floating around here somewhere to OFF(?) that tells you much more about it, or go to www.handgunlaw.us.

Pops

I have both and it's recently changed but you can go to the Multnomah County office off from 122nd and Glisan and apply. You have to take a gun safety class, it's like a 2 hour class telling you don't be stupid, and I think now you have to write a letter stating why you want the Oregon CHL. There are certain times you can go in and do it so check there website first it has all the info link below:

http://www.mcso.us/public/concealed_handgun.htm

I have both. Wa for 25yrs and Ore for 15. same situation.
In the past, I had to write a letter/statement of why I perceived a need to carry in Oregon.
Last two renewals did not require the letter. As previously mentioned, for Oregon you have to take a CWP class. sign-ups are certain days of the week at 122nd & Glisan. Different days than renewals, so I don't remember.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top