Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

oregon cc living in washington?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by HITMAN, Feb 25, 2009.

1. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

what would be the best way to get a oregon cc living in wa. state. I live in vancouver and hold a washington cc. Tired of leaving my gun home.

2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

Any sheriff in Oregon can issue you one. Get the paper work online and take the class. Send money and fingerprints, etc and wait a bit.

That said, my understanding is that one or two sheriffs in Oregon are a bit more reluctant to issue than others.

There is a link floating around here somewhere to OFF(?) that tells you much more about it, or go to www.handgunlaw.us.

Pops

3. WOFLLC

WOFLLC Eugene New Member

There is a bill in Oregon to honor all other states CHL including Alaska and Vermont that do not require CHL. Oregon Firearms Federation is the best resource for Oregon gun laws.

HB 2463 if this passes your WA CHL will be valid here.

http://oregonfirearms.org/index.html

4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have both and it's recently changed but you can go to the Multnomah County office off from 122nd and Glisan and apply. You have to take a gun safety class, it's like a 2 hour class telling you don't be stupid, and I think now you have to write a letter stating why you want the Oregon CHL. There are certain times you can go in and do it so check there website first it has all the info link below:

http://www.mcso.us/public/concealed_handgun.htm

5. USP_45_fan

USP_45_fan Hazel Dell New Member

I have both. Wa for 25yrs and Ore for 15. same situation.
    In the past, I had to write a letter/statement of why I perceived a need to carry in Oregon.
    Last two renewals did not require the letter. As previously mentioned, for Oregon you have to take a CWP class. sign-ups are certain days of the week at 122nd & Glisan. Different days than renewals, so I don't remember.

6. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

It is a bit of a longer drive but, if Multnomah Co gives you grief, try Washington Co.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

If you have had any hunting or gun safety class they will likely accept that.