JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reading the voter pamphlet for 114, the financial impact section caught my eye.. 'indeterminate estimate' say what? Doesn't seem to follow the regulation contained in - https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_250.125 This doesn't seem legal. Anybody concur ?
After further reading.. even if it isn't estimated it doesn't prevent it from being in the voter pamphlet or on the ballot.o_O
Remember that the people who prepared the voter pamphlet descriptions were a committee. 3 people pro and 2 people con. They vote on the wording.

Reading the voter pamphlet for 114, the financial impact section caught my eye.. 'indeterminate estimate' say what? Doesn't seem to follow the regulation contained in - https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_250.125 This doesn't seem legal. Anybody concur ?
After further reading.. even if it isn't estimated it doesn't prevent it from being in the voter pamphlet or on the ballot.o_O
All four ballot measures say the same thing. They look at it and go:s0092:.

Missed the court review window anyway. per ORS 250.131 ..
Not being a lawyer but these measures should have notated in the voter pamphlet the following statement .
"MEASURE SPENDS MONEY WITHOUT IDENTIFYING A FUNDING SOURCE." per ORS 250.125(7)
:(

I think it escapes on technicality because it neither introduces a new tax, nor does it directly require the state to incur a debt. Technically it is self-funded. Practically, the capped fees would result in (severe) rationing because a market rate would not be able to adjust to meet demand. My recollection is that costs for training would be unregulated. Cost could scale freely but certification of courses is similarly rationed. Thereby, maximum cost is extracted from, and maximum delay is imposed upon, the individual citizen who wishes access to their constitutional rights. This is the ideal configuration for those who wish to suppress firearm purchases.

You must read the opening paragraph of the statute very carefully and deliberately:

"When a state measure involves expenditure of public moneys by the state, reduction of expenditure of public moneys by the state, reduction of state revenues or raising of funds by the state by imposing any tax or incurring any indebtedness, the financial estimate committee created under this section shall estimate:"

Found this on the enemies Facebook. Mutiple attack vectors being funded by the head of the serpent 🐍

Screenshot_20221011_220907.jpg

Everytown just jumped into the Arizona Kari Lake campaign. $1.5mil in attack ads. I'm expecting to see their pencil necked unconstitutional heads pop up here in the final stretch.

Good ol two face everytown.

Police commit bad violence bla bla bla

two seconds later

Can you believe this person stands against our police?

Believe they also say that its dangerous Shall issue states went constitutional carry and hail shall issue as a gold standard for safety. But when a MAY issue state goes SHALL ISSUE they lose their minds.

Being on You-Tubb isn't the same as TV. I asked our buddies at NRA if they know how to make commercials and negotiate airplay. They do but it isn't in their budget. I asked then what the costs are if someone else is paying. Waiting to hear back. WHO MADE AND HAS COPYRIGHT ON THE COMMERCIAL YOU JUST SHOWED US?
It's on the Gun Rights Matter Oregon account, perhaps they could supply the particulars. The video does it. It's short, direct and honest.

Email from NRA this afternoon:

You're Invited: Join the NRA Oregonians for Freedom Committee for an important 2A Day in Sherwood!

You're Invited: Join the NRA Oregonians for Freedom Committee for an important 2A Day in Beaverton!
With Election Day just around the corner and early voting fast approaching, NRA-ILA staff will share the latest updates on how we are working to defeat Ballot Measure 114, and how YOU can help prevent the most egregious gun control initiative in the country from passing in Oregon. The event is FREE!

Saturday, October 15th

1 P.M. – 6 P.M.

Tri-County Gun Club

13050 SW Tonquin Road
Sherwood, OR 97140
Save your spot and please RSVP!
click-here-to-rsvp.jpg
November 8th​ will be here sooner than we think, and our Second Amendment rights are on the line in Oregon!
We need all-hands-on-deck to turn out the pro-Second Amendment vote to protect freedom in Oregon. Join us to learn how you can help defeat this ballot measure in the final weeks before Election Day. We hope to see you there!
In Freedom,
NRA Oregonians for Freedom

ilaLogoFooter.jpg

FOLLOW NRA-ILA​
facebook_footer.jpg
twitter_footer.jpg
youtube_footer.jpg
instagram_footer.jpg

© 2022 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Please do not reply to this email.

Thank you!

Last Edited:
Pretty watered down summary in the voters pamphlet…. Cause we know the average Oregonian won't read past it.

C5104DC6-E25D-4527-9052-8E194B70A88C.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews