JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And that LEO and his department woudl be sued by me for civil rights violation of the 4th ammendment, 5th ammendment and 2A violations "under color of law". A traffic violation is not a CRIME, Terry does not apply.

Terry has nothing to do with infraction or misdemeanor. It has to do with contact with a person suspected of a crime. Including a traffic violation. So if during the course of a stop for a traffic violation, the officer has reasonable, articulateable suspicion that the driver is armed and dangerous, then an inspection of outter clothing is justified.

I think the concept you are looking for "search incident to arrest". In which case you are correct, you are not subject to a search (even a Terry search) on the basis of being pulled over for a traffic violation.

Hope this was a little helpful... :)

As a general rule I don't volunteer any information to an LEO on a stop unless asked. Not a Chatty Cathy; it's just on a need to know basis. Old practice. Why make them nervous.

As a general rule I don't volunteer any information to an LEO on a stop unless asked. Not a Chatty Cathy; it's just on a need to know basis. Old practice. Why make them nervous.

This thread is almost 2 years dead, dude.

Leave 'em in the ground....

Corbis-42-18811358.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews