JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi
you posted in the wrong section see if you can pm a mod to get it moved.
nice peice

How is talking about handguns in the handgun forum the "wrong section"?

Any-hoot...I like the Opperator over the Kimber. The Opperators seam like they're made a bit better in my opinion. My TRP Loaded Opperator can run circles around any Kimber Custom TLE.

Thats kind of what I thought, think i could buy a similar frame?

Smaller frame 1911? That's like asking if you can put smaller tires on a pick-up truck...

Yeah, they make smaller framed 1911s....just google it. I'm guessing you want it for Concealed Carry (CC)? I'd try a Dan Wesson Bobtail 1911.

Smaller frame without the cost of any quality...

Mvc-639f.jpg

This is a Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail...check out the review from GunBlast.

Nah, it's just aesthetically appeasing to me, The full rail just looks good and It was between kimber and springer. More importantly, which of these has a safety on it i dont have to worry about getting switched off if i do decide to use it for concealed carry?

Nah, it's just aesthetically appeasing to me, The full rail just looks good and It was between kimber and springer. More importantly, which of these has a safety on it i dont have to worry about getting switched off if i do decide to use it for concealed carry?

Before I put my foot in my mouth I will say that every 1911 THAT I KNOW OF has an external, manual safety on it. All three that are mentioned in this thread (Dan Wesson, Kimber and Springfield) have both a grip safety and a manual safety (top right of the grip).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top