JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice looking outfit I see you put some time into this. it looks big and bad and would probably be seen and heard a mile away. A possible problem is that any POS with a 22 will punch a hole in the door or window and you will bleed out and be giving someone a messy yet cool new toy. still it would look nice in the drive way.

so why air ride? that a ton of work and tons of things that can go wrong very easy. and it would suck is someone shot your air bags out.
The other thing i see as a problem is the 4 speed auto tranny. those e4od ford trannys are not the best for pulling alot of weight around so you 10,000lb truck might be a bit much for it unless you have done some work to it.

Everybody needs a survival fantasy to keep going on, but we need to keep it as real as possible if it is to actually succeed. I spent a decade living out in the woods in the rural lifestyle, getting to know the culture and ways of the "hills". The first thing to keep in mind is that rural land is ALREADY occupied, and they have larger concepts of personal space than urban dwellers. The second thing to keep in mind is that THEY WILL NOT WELCOME YOU to come and take their wildlife or livestock, except perhaps at a back route roadblock where they will simply take all of your stuff and relieve you of all worries about it.

Most rural folks are experienced loggers and farmers with road-building skills. They are trained with DYNAMITE and keep some on hand. At the first signs of social collapse they will likely just BLOW THE BRIDGES to their parts of the country in order to be left alone by the fleeing hordes from the cities. Can a truck fly?

The key concept to Bugging-Out is to be there BEFORE everyone else realizes it is time to go...........................elsullo :(

Not to mention all them "hill folk" defending their meth labs, and marywannie fields! :D

Seriously? When you have loaded the vehicle up with all that stuff, where are you going to sit? Will your child be the straw that breaks the back of... the supertruck? How much of that junk will actually be useful after TSHTF?

If you live in a small town in rural north western washington, and don't expect to be rolled over by russian or cuban paratroopers, probably the best thing you can do is go down to your local sheriff/police office and ask what you can do to help. ****, you could actually start doing this right now, and they would probably relly appreciate it.

A small community is less likely to have looters in it's midst because most people know everone else. So you should be more concerned about outside threats. When you take off into the hills in your supertruck, you are a well armed, and well prepared refugee, one that is going to be on foot once you drive over the first spike strip, catch a bullet in the radiator, hit a deer in the road, or run out of gas (which is the best case scenerio).

Aside from that, I think some of your ideas are neat, some of them need more work, and some of them will be dismal failures as soon as you try them.

Way to many eggs in one basket IMHO. The geography of the PNW doesn't work well for a land based bugout. Assuming civil unrest the roads will be clogged. Assuming earthquake the roads will be blocked. Everyone with a 4x4 will try the back roads a lot with no real experience will lead to road blocks even there. I figure boat would be the best way to go around here. Either way I wouldn't invest that much into something that is so unlikely to be useful.

Just my opinion. Nice truck though... I kinda want it.

I agree with that. But it too has limitations. You have to have a pretty big boat to have it stocked for extended stay. You can only go so far East (locks and damns) and West to the ocean requires passing the bar, which is weather dependent. But a boat is also one of my Plan B's........... Oooh, I just found a new justification for a larger boat!!

You also have to get to your boat. I know that my Marina requires several bridges to get there, and traffic can back up in that erea even on a normal weekend.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top