JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2omhOO0.jpg
Opening day of deer season saturday morning in Washington. I plan to be in a blind at one end of the Deer Superhighway at first light.

New vest and hat, waxed the carbines stock, treated and mounted the new leather sling and sling-swivels. Cleaned and sharpened my old rebuilt Case folder and my Uncle Jim's old Schrade 49er. The clips will carry only five rounds in the field of course.

My hunting coat is laundered, I've dug up the thermal underwear and replaced the batteries in my sound-cancelling headphones. Coolers are in the truck and I'll make sure my boots are in good shape tonight. Gather some trash bags, a bunch of gallon-capacity ziplocks and the butchering kit, a couple extra changes of socks and something to change into afterwards. Tomorrow afternoon I'll go build the blind so everything is ready on that end.

First time in years I've been able to go out on opening day, and I'll have the field to myself; my friend's property is surrounded by a stout 6' fence and posted 'no hunting.' She reports a lot of deer this year, so fingers crossed.

While we are there we're going to teach her to slaughter her own goats, so no matter how the hunt goes we won't be coming home empty-handed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top