JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's just how they package it in cans.

Our roads aren't concrete. They're asphalt. :rolleyes:
which roads?
and I guess some urban dwellers have concrete driveways
or uninformed individuals are calling their streets concrete
the USGS says our freeways are 11" of concrete/ asphalt mix over base aggregate
I'm not going to get into an engineering debate on road construction - I have 12' of layered crushed basalt over 4" of 3" basalt rock on top of fiberglass road mat that has supported 24 ton trucks
I know, because I speced it and watched it being built

which roads?
and I guess some urban dwellers have concrete driveways
or uninformed individuals are calling their streets concrete
the USGS says our freeways are 11" of concrete/ asphalt mix over base aggregate
I'm not going to get into an engineering debate on road construction - I have 12' of layered crushed basalt over 4" of 3" basalt rock on top of fiberglass road mat that has supported 24 ton trucks
I know, because I speced it and watched it being built
I have a concrete driveway, without it there's no way I can park the semi. Mud here isn't forgiving on them, and my semi has the fancy offroad traction options! More rural than urban, long drive to do much of anything.

That's just how they package it in cans.

I have purchased russian 7.62x54r for my Mosins in wooden crates for years
this is the first time I was able to find an intact wooden crate of 7.62x39
most venders break down the crates and open the spam cans
I checked my Wolf Military Classic ammo in Wolf boxes
it doesn't have the sealant around the bullet, only around the primer, but the same headstamp

I have a concrete driveway, without it there's no way I can park the semi. Mud here isn't forgiving on them, and my semi has the fancy offroad traction options! More rural than urban, long drive to do much of anything.
NW clay is also unforgiving
that's why my road is 16" thick on top of stabilisation mat
rain starts up here in late Sept - stops in May of the next year
luckily we have basalt flows to get gravel from - the basalt in my driveway is several Million years old

from SG ammo web site:

2 x 700 round spam cans of 7.62x39 123 grain FMJ mil-spec ammo in a wood crate. Cartridges come with lacquered steel cases and sealant applied to the primer and projectile. Imported by Wolf Performance Ammunition and made in Russia by Barnaul, exclusively distributed by SGAmmo.com. Berdan primed, non-corrosive, lead core, bi-metal jacket ammunition that is ideal for AK-47 and SKS rifles. The projectile is magnetic. This comes in a hermetically sealed spam can for long term storage and protection of the ammo inside. This ammo comes in 20 round paper bundles, 35 bundles per metal tin, 2 tins inside a wood crate with a can opener. At SGAmmo we had a vision of bringing our clients this unique ammo option with full military dress packaging and features and we made it happen for you. Truly one of the neatest products we have seen in the way 7.62x39 ammo in a long time. One of our goals at SGAmmo is to make the most interesting ammo options available to you with a special focus given 7.62x39 for AK-47 and SKS rifles. We hope you enjoy this, supplies are limited as this is a custom ordered product from the factory.

I got the last one from this order
my wife wants the wooden crate for a display in the living room - conversational piece, you understand, for when the ladies gather for cocktails

from SG ammo web site:

2 x 700 round spam cans of 7.62x39 123 grain FMJ mil-spec ammo in a wood crate. Cartridges come with lacquered steel cases and sealant applied to the primer and projectile. Imported by Wolf Performance Ammunition and made in Russia by Barnaul, exclusively distributed by SGAmmo.com. Berdan primed, non-corrosive, lead core, bi-metal jacket ammunition that is ideal for AK-47 and SKS rifles. The projectile is magnetic. This comes in a hermetically sealed spam can for long term storage and protection of the ammo inside. This ammo comes in 20 round paper bundles, 35 bundles per metal tin, 2 tins inside a wood crate with a can opener. At SGAmmo we had a vision of bringing our clients this unique ammo option with full military dress packaging and features and we made it happen for you. Truly one of the neatest products we have seen in the way 7.62x39 ammo in a long time. One of our goals at SGAmmo is to make the most interesting ammo options available to you with a special focus given 7.62x39 for AK-47 and SKS rifles. We hope you enjoy this, supplies are limited as this is a custom ordered product from the factory.

I got the last one from this order
my wife wants the wooden crate for a display in the living room - conversational piece, you understand, for when the ladies gather for cocktails
The crates from mosin nagants and ammo imports are nice displays.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top