JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I got the last wooden crate of 7.62x39 from SG ammo a couple of weeks ago
opened one of the spam cans today - that archaic Russian can opener really sooks - I think an old American P38 would work better
It was advertised as Wolf Classic, but appears to be Russian Military issue ammo - 20 rnds to a package, 700 rnds to a spam can
will test it in my 1989 Poyltech AKS tomorrow

7.62x39[1].jpg spam can 7.62x39 (1).jpg spam can 7.62x39 (2).jpg spam can 7.62x39 (3).jpg 20200821_121737.jpg TWS dogleg rail.jpg

Im gonna be "that guy" for a minute....
Please tell me you still have the original furniture and bayonet
yup - my son wants it after I pass and I wanted to save that original chu wood furniture
I selected the Chinese version of an AK since that what we ran into in Vietnam
never plan to sell it for several generations after me

I have the TulAmmo 7.62x39 8M3 rounds but I have not shot any yet. I do have some Wolf rounds with the non-magnetic bullet for the indoor range.

1F559E6D-600A-41DF-928F-81FE9DE34838.jpeg 9212F275-3084-41FB-9EDE-660FE914493E.jpeg

Couple other ways to open tins when you can't find the darned opener.

I've used a sharp chisel & hammer.

Supposedly rubbing the top of the tin on rough concrete is pretty handy as well. Seems a bit more work than chisel & hammer to me tho.

or your K-bar and a piece of firewood
I've still got 7.62x54r and 7.62x39 stashed away in spam cans
my grandkids will be digging around in the barn some day and wonder what their grandpa was up to

Couple other ways to open tins when you can't find the darned opener.

I've used a sharp chisel & hammer.

Supposedly rubbing the top of the tin on rough concrete is pretty handy as well. Seems a bit more work than chisel & hammer to me tho.
That is way you open cans of food with out a can opener.

"There's concrete everywhere"
maybe for you urban dwellers
our roads aren't even concrete out here in the Lewis River Valley
and our driveways are gravel
I guess I could drive down to Merwin Dam and rub it on the dam spillway

I think I got the last wooden crate of 7.62x39 from SG ammo a couple of weeks ago
opened one of the spam cans today - that archaic Russian can opener really sooks - I think an old American P38 would work better
It was advertised as Wolf Classic, but appears to be Russian Military issue ammo - 20 rnds to a package, 700 rnds to a spam can
will test it in my 1989 Poyltech AKS tomorrow

View attachment 738639 View attachment 738640 View attachment 738641 View attachment 738642 View attachment 738643 View attachment 738644
That's just how they package it in cans.

"There's concrete everywhere"
maybe for you urban dwellers
our roads aren't even concrete out here in the Lewis River Valley
and our driveways are gravel
I guess I could drive down to Merwin Dam and rub it on the dam spillway
Our roads aren't concrete. They're asphalt. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show