JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well the fishing season for landlocked silvers and triploid trout is in full swing and I'll be posting open seats until September.
Don't be shy, let's rip some lips!!!

Due to the overwhelming inquiries I've decided to post all the pertinent information on this OP.
Where: Riffe lake at Mossyrock, Wa.
When: prefer weekdays but will entertain a weekend trip.
What to bring: lunch (I love a good homemade sammich), warm-cool attire, sunscreen, floppy hat optional, Wa license and anything to make you comfortable. I have a large cooler to keep your lunch/beverages cool.
What not to bring: a cooler full of alcohol or 420.

Convo to set up a trip.

Also let it be known that I AM NOT A GUIDE.

My maiden voyage a few weeks ago.....

A61C28D8-BD58-4E18-9767-C6678F988E50.jpeg
DOUBLES!!!
16841C7A-F1C2-40AE-A620-3084E1B0E308.jpeg

EE09075D-B004-4580-9EB6-A779F14442EC.jpeg

Last Edited:
yer boss don't care if ya take a sudden day off... trust me...
:s0140:
My boss doesn't care if he never sees me again! In all this COVID bid'ness, he asked if I needed anything for my WFH gig...

ME: You get me an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier that does 11" x 17", and you'll never see me again!"
HIM: Pick out what you want and let Jessica know. I'll even have her expedite the shipping! :D

I will probable have time between June 17 to the 25th for a day trip to fish. I will have my grandson with me. He will be nine years old on June 20th.
Pm me with the details, time to be there, time out fishing, price and what ever else I need to know.

I will probable have time between June 17 to the 25th for a day trip to fish. I will have my grandson with me. He will be nine years old on June 20th.
Pm me with the details, time to be there, time out fishing, price and what ever else I need to know.

Hi, what a great B-Day present for the little guy, which day would you like to fish?

I like to get to the boat launch around 7-7:30am in the summer because the fish dive when the sun gets high and turn off the steady bite.

Generally I like to be off the water by about 1-2 pm.

Last Edited:
Yesterday's exploration of a smaller but close to home lake. Mrs. Caveman joined me and we hit the ramp at an early time of 9:45....:s0140:

She was the trolling captain for this trip and she did very well for her first time piloting the FV Bloody Deck...:p:p:p

We started the troll up the West shore from the boat ramp, the first fish came (only Kokanee of the day, a little 7"er) just minutes as I was setting out the second downrigger.:eek: I didn't even see it trip the rigger. :oops:

Was getting bit all morning hard enough to pop out of the rigger and reel into find a piece of corn missing and no fish. 8 biters did commit but only 4) 8-10" trout got to swim in the ice bath. It must have been to cold cause the froze with that dead trout look.:(

All in all it was a successful trip, we got into fish, we didn't get wet, we didn't loose any gear and we didn't hit anything on the water or in the parking lot.:p:p:p

At the ramp looking North.
913E352D-3849-41EF-AADB-F65BA27AD721.jpeg
The first rainbow
F0A1FE82-9B85-4E74-AEF8-49CA8C80D040.jpeg
What we use that worked, these fish did not like green for some reason???
107750C3-EF2A-43C6-815D-D3A248145491.jpeg
The tally...:)
7807B8B2-DA66-4875-9B34-2DDE6392EF6D.jpeg

Thanks for the pics Jim. Always enjoy them, and the the story.

Had a guy I've known for years stop by the other day. He's a hell of a fisher. One of those "Diehards". More so than even you me thinks. He'll still stands in icewater up to his hoo-hoo fishing for steel. He stops in on his way back from fishing the Willamette with a guy that lives near me. Damn it was nice hearing the story of the two springers they hooked. 1 kept/1 lost. He said it must have been close to 20 springers they saw hooked that day between the Multnomah Channel and Freemont Bridge. I miss those brisk mornings in the Portland harbor. Watching the trees up on the West hills as they turn from bare to fully leafed out over a couple of months.

I too hope to have a few seasons of standing nut deep in freezing water if the runs ever return in numbers that give satisfaction, I ain't freezing them off for no reward.
As for now I'll spend my winters in a 70° shop piddling on stuff that need piddling...:s0140:

I've got open seats from Wednesday till Friday!!!!

Someone's coughing out there, I can hear ya!!!
Ifn ya need to wear a mask then make sure it's a real mask like the N90 series and not the fake ones that don't work. :p:p:p

Would like to join you.
The next couple of weeks the calendar is full.
My nephew & his brood are driving up here for some Idaho dirt biking, then the wife is going out for knee replacement. :cool:

Yesterday's exploration of a smaller but close to home lake. Mrs. Caveman joined me and we hit the ramp at an early time of 9:45....:s0140:

She was the trolling captain for this trip and she did very well for her first time piloting the FV Bloody Deck...:p:p:p

We started the troll up the West shore from the boat ramp, the first fish came (only Kokanee of the day, a little 7"er) just minutes as I was setting out the second downrigger.:eek: I didn't even see it trip the rigger. :oops:

Was getting bit all morning hard enough to pop out of the rigger and reel into find a piece of corn missing and no fish. 8 biters did commit but only 4) 8-10" trout got to swim in the ice bath. It must have been to cold cause the froze with that dead trout look.:(

All in all it was a successful trip, we got into fish, we didn't get wet, we didn't loose any gear and we didn't hit anything on the water or in the parking lot.:p:p:p

At the ramp looking North.
View attachment 709205
The first rainbow
View attachment 709206
What we use that worked, these fish did not like green for some reason???
View attachment 709207
The tally...:)
View attachment 709208
Looks like a nice dinner. Someday I would like to have a boat. My dad used t fish lake Michigan out of Manistee Michigan with down riggers and cannon balls. I find it interesting that they are being used in the lakes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top