JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well folks, the numbers for this season has not materialized like WDFW predicted, imagine that!!!

Just like clockwork when the first rains came the fish that were holed up in the middle river zoomed upriver and I was unable to get out after em.:(

At least if I do get out I'll be able to bring the shotgun and hopefully get a few ducks, CAST N BLAST style...:s0112:

Stay tuned!!!;)

Last night I made reservations for three days (8-9/8-11) at the KOA in Concrete Washington to fish the Baker lake Sockeye run!!! I'm pretty much stoked to be able to finally get up there, I've been waiting a few years for sizable numbers to happen… :s0115::s0115::s0115:
I'll have a few open seats available, contact me ASAP.
Wish me luck!!!

I should post this on the newer "Open Seats" thread… :oops::oops::oops:
Hey @Caveman Jim .
Me and @Melmelhunter might be interested in a day on Baker .
I will let you know later.
We have our boat in the shop .
Hope to have it done by Monday.
If not we will contact you hopefully you will still have a few open seats.
We will find out later going to Party today with her son who is also the person working on our boat.

Yep we just bought a small smoker craft.
But the engine needed some work done.
They ordered parts but got sent the wrong stuff.
So hopefully it will be ready on Monday.
If it is we will be up there with it .
If not we will contact you.
Like I said hopefully it won't be too late.
Don't save seats for us if someone else wants to go .

PXL_20210715_204307497.MP.jpg PXL_20210715_204319353.MP.jpg

Hey @Caveman Jim .
Me and @Melmelhunter might be interested in a day on Baker .
I will let you know later.
We have our boat in the shop .
Hope to have it done by Monday.
If not we will contact you hopefully you will still have a few open seats.
We will find out later going to Party today with her son who is also the person working on our boat.

Sounds like a great time!!! LMK. ;)

Just don't let him be drinking, especially while he's working on your boat.:s0140:

Nope never fished Baker.
Wanted to last year but never made it up there.
So if the boat is ready this will be first time at baker and first trip on this boat

Nope never fished Baker.
Wanted to last year but never made it up there.
So if the boat is ready this will be first time at baker and first trip on this boat
Well if it's any consolation, I've only fished it once or twice but that was over 30 years ago in a drift boat with two little kids, what a challenge that was. :s0140:

Well if it's any consolation, I've only fished it once or twice but that was over 30 years ago in a drift boat with two little kids, what a challenge that was. :s0140:
Lol my old neighbor used to fish it all the time .
And he just used a little tiny boat
With a small outboard motor and a small lake troll downrigger .

Lol my old neighbor used to fish it all the time .
And he just used a little tiny boat
With a small outboard motor and a small lake troll downrigger .
The real sign of successful fishing adventures is how you fish, not what you fish in… At least that's what I believe. Bend his ear about locations and the gear he used, that is powerful information.
One can have the most fancy, biggest most powerful boat on the lake but may not even have a clue of how to put fish in it. ;)
Dock rash breeds character. Lol

Last night I made reservations for three days (8-9/8-11) at the KOA in Concrete Washington to fish the Baker lake Sockeye run!!! I'm pretty much stoked to be able to finally get up there, I've been waiting a few years for sizable numbers to happen… :s0115::s0115::s0115:
I'll have a few open seats available, contact me ASAP.
Wish me luck!!!
Are you going to be fishing the Skagit? Dang! That sound like a real good time for you.

Are you going to be fishing the Skagit? Dang! That sound like a real good time for you.
Nope, Baker lake just north of the river.
They trap the sockeye in the Skagit River there at Concrete and then truck them up to Baker Lake.
The last time I finish the Skagit was over 25 years ago, it was such a beautiful place in upper River with many bald eagles sitting in the trees.

Nope, Baker lake just north of the river.
They trap the sockeye in the Skagit River there at Concrete and then truck them up to Baker Lake.
The last time I finish the Skagit was over 25 years ago, it was such a beautiful place in upper River with many bald eagles sitting in the trees.
Oh that's neat. I was looking at google earth and couldn't see any fish ladders, and the baker creek doesn't look like much more than a creek! What, do they end up then transferring smolts/fry back down to the Skagit I guess? sure seems like a lot of work? But then, I live in oregon where the prices of fishing licenses and recreating on public land keep going up in price....And fish availability and seasons keep going down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top