JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh that's neat. I was looking at google earth and couldn't see any fish ladders, and the baker creek doesn't look like much more than a creek! What, do they end up then transferring smolts/fry back down to the Skagit I guess? sure seems like a lot of work? But then, I live in oregon where the prices of fishing licenses and recreating on public land keep going up in price....And fish availability and seasons keep going down.
Yeah it's some pretty high tech redneck stuff but it's the only way to get those fish up to their spawning grounds because the idiots designed the dams without fish ladders. :mad: :mad::mad:

AF8A4B33-1622-4B79-AAEF-76CC64607BF8.jpeg

Oregon isn't the only place that is raping their peasants for using our resources.

Yeah it's some pretty high tech redneck stuff but it's the only way to get those fish up to their spawning grounds because the idiots designed the dams without fish ladders. :mad: :mad::mad:

View attachment 1007534

Oregon isn't the only place that is raping their peasants for using our resources.
Looking at the satellite view of those dams they look quite tall. Definitely more of an engineering feat than the Columbia river dams to build fish ladders. But then looking at stats Bonneville and The Dalles dams are about 100' less in height. It still remains, oregon "talks" about "Fish petting zoos", while Washington makes fish available to the "Public"! We witnessed that seeing the wonderful facilities on the Cowlitz River when we were up there. I know they've had their troubles too, but oregon seems to be abandoning the outdoor sportsmen. The ones that fish and hunt and need to drive. Not the ones that hike and bicycle.

Looking at the satellite view of those dams they look quite tall. Definitely more of an engineering feat than the Columbia river dams to build fish ladders. But then looking at stats Bonneville and The Dalles dams are about 100' less in height. It still remains, oregon "talks" about "Fish petting zoos", while Washington makes fish available to the "Public"! We witnessed that seeing the wonderful facilities on the Cowlitz River when we were up there. I know they've had their troubles too, but oregon seems to be abandoning the outdoor sportsmen. The ones that fish and hunt and need to drive. Not the ones that hike and bicycle.
Well Mike, all I can say is it that these people have the loudest mouth's and plenty of extra time on their platforms preaching to the politicians that are like themselves (non hunters/fishers/sportsmen)….

Well today went pretty well with one fish seeing as how I'm a rookie on this lake, I did better than most people so there's that.
I have an open seat for the morning Fishery till 10 and then I've got to leave. Let me know something ASAP.

Well today went pretty well with one fish seeing as how I'm a rookie on this lake, I did better than most people so there's that.
I have an open seat for the morning Fishery till 10 and then I've got to leave. Let me know something ASAP.
We are not going to make it .
Hopefully you get someone to go with you.

I did another solo trip, I can't talk Mrs. Caveman into getting up at 3:30am…
On the water at 5:45 and rods in the water at 6, first fish was a nice size Dolly Varden so back into the drink it went. I didn't have another bite till 8:30 but didn't get to it in time to rip its lips so left at 9:30 since I was bored… :(
I did get some very useful intel from the hot boat of the day though. :D

These are truly a beautiful fish, first one I can remember catching….

91FB14FB-70AF-4618-9394-315CE4D2F3C5.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews