JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a type 7 FFL/SOT. I received approval this week for an online form 4 for a silencer transfer. It was completed on January 28, and took 129 days. This particular application was submitted without electronic fingerprints, and the buyer mailed his physical cards to the ATF. I have since done some with the electronic fingerprints submitted with the online form 4, and am anxious to see if that speeds the process up at all. I have several more online submissions pending, and am curious to see the average approval time.

No matter what, even though 129 days is longer than the 90 originally talked about, it's a big improvement over manual submissions. I have seen instances lately of the ATF employing some great common sense though. I had a customer with 3 pending paper submission form 4's. One submitted in August, one in October, and one in November. I received approval for all 3 at the same time. It was at 8 months for the August submission, but obviously faster for the other 2. All signed by the same examiner. They obviously saw the other pending apps and went ahead and approved all of them. I thought that was a great sign of someone doing what made sense.

My last entry was manual with an S.S. kiosk. I purchased my can and stamp on Aug 25th and the stamp was cashed on Sept. 9th. Just got an e-mail back from IPB claiming that they're currently working within the bulk of June 2021's paper submissions. Previously my stamps came within 7 to 9 months. I'm guessing this next approval will be a year in the making.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top