JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they cook, clean, do anything you ask and best yet they know very little english, so you never hear them complain. they also look on owning weapons as good for their security. should i put a good word in for you?

Years ago one of my friends said he would love to marry a dumb/deaf girl so he could still be playing his video games and throwing his clothes on the floor and the best she could do is complain with sign language from the shadows. I know, cruel.

In all seriousness, the whole online thing is completely on-sided against the male. The perception from minute one is that you have to prove your worthiness, and the female is already on a pedestal looking down.

Any informed male knows it is all about attitude and displays of superior value. Women all want security, a confident/alpha/cocky man - that is why you see jerks like me that date above their looks. I've been with many nines in my life and I'm a six on a good day.

In relationships or dating, the person who cares the least has all the power. Want a female to worship you, admire you, look up to you? ACT like you don't give a crap about them. Unfortunately for us it is almost always the female who cares the least. The minute they do the math and realize that, they will always be wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere.

A buddy of mine told me his wife of 15 years packed up all his furniture and car while he was out of town and left him the other day. He got the papers and most likely will lose his house also. He quizzed me about how/why she did this and unfortunately for him I had a few beers in me so I told him like it is. I said she has been sleeping with another guy for some time now and is moving on. Sleeping with another guy? - how do you know that?

Well, simple. A female never lets go of one vine without having a firm grip on another. The monkey branch theory. As they make the swing away from you, they already have their eggs lined up in a neat basket. Men, on the other hand don't plan, they brood, they get their feelings hurt, they cry. Women simply flip the switch.

When you see a woman crying in such a situation you may think wow, what a sweet, sensitive female. Wrong. They cry over their situation out of anxiety/fear, the rare failure to have properly grasped the next branch.

Society would have you believe that men are heartless apes and women are innocent, benevolent, loving creatures always. Nothing could be further from the truth. Speaking generally here of course.

ONLINE DATING is severely flawed because the man starts off from a severe position of weakness. Even if though they are a herd of fat, ugly, uninteresting cows they STILL are starting off from a position of higher social value than you. Not good.

Hey thanks guys for all the encouragement!
In relationships or dating, the person who cares the least has all the power.
Fortunately this is the position I am in. I have already resigned my self to rather living alone as opposed to being in a bad relationship - and I have time and grade in the 'alone' ranks to prove it.

yea but thats american women. im talking about cambodian women that have been raised to expect an arranged marriage and to serve the needs of their husband. we are talking old school family honor.

I won't say that guns were an issue with my ex-wife because they just weren't allowed in the house.

So much for that one. Being in my young 40s, online dating is an important tool for finding that diamond in the rough. My experience is that most women who are into the same things your into will probably be OK with guns. Maybe not gun-toting, pistol packing warm, but OK. The way you put it is really in their face. If they are on the fence, it will probably push them off. Most women, might have been brought up around guns but it was more of a male thing. I think it is all about the intensity.

I use code like "I like to plink" and "CCL". When I talk (in person) about going shooting, I stress about how I go to the sheriff's station or am taking classes. They want to figure out if you are a safe and responsible person and that is one way of showing them. I am dating a prius driving, school teacher who finally came clean and outed her daddy's .22 in the closet. She asked me to clean it and keep it in my safe. Is this true love?

Good luck.

Me and the misses were two conservatives growing up in a converting deluge state of liberalism and propaganda in what would later be called California.
We both met and both had been around firearms. We moved up here cause we fit in here with values.

If I were to date ( besides wife killing me for dating :s0114:) I would suggest easing into it, some people may not be liberal but leery of weapons in general.

( My mother in law has a fear of knives as weapons, but she conceal carries a SW 38 )

actually this is probably the best advice. ^

i still dont think you will find a great partner with an online service but it cant hurt to go out a few times to grease the wheels if youve been away from dating for a while. you really are better off meeting someone the old way though.

Another buddy of mine used to have no luck with women so he literally spent hundreds of hours studying what dating coaches had to say and does much better now. So, if you are the type to want to get out there and meet women and date, you should really invest some time. You do it for everything else in your life, why not this?

Take the time to learn some basics, things that work for you, crow pick the good stuff.

Tons of people on the web lining up with their advice. Like anything else you have to sift through them to find the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a few years ago I moved to a small town 30 miles from anywhere and didn't know anywhere. Out of boredom I hopped on a Yahoo chat room and started talking to a local girl. 15 years, two rings and 3 kids later we're still married with no end in sight. It can be done.

No doubt in rare instances it can be done.

The question for a lot of us is if it should be done. Personally, for me only, the answer is an easy no.

I am the type of person that is constantly learning, evolving, changing. Burt 2003 is unlike Burt 2013 in many ways. To expect another person to change in the same way is not realistic. This is especially true for people who marry in their late teens or early 20s - ridiculous to believe in most cases that you will still be compatible in your 30s. Well, maybe if you lead very static, boring lives and believe late night talk shows teach you about life.

There are reasons why government supports marriage/family. A married person with kids is controllable and docile in most cases. You can't think/share too much because you are a part of a small collective. A family unit. Shut up or it might rock the boat and upset Junior.

Marriage is fine for those who believe they cannot be happy unless bonded to another person. Some of us just don't want that; to each their own. One is not better than the other. I say if you are happy being single stay that way, period, end of story. For a man, in most cases, there simply is no benefit.

BTW, all relationships end one way or another. The first thing a student in a sociology class learns is usually this fact. If you are married for 40 years it is most like due to being a compliant, boring person that never objects or questions. Sorry, not trying to offend, just the truth as I see it.

There is the old, tired argument that 'do you really want to be alone in your old age?" Well getting married now is no guarantee of having a chatty Cathy around then. In fact, she leaves or dies and you are less capable of finding a replacement chatterbox then. I have AARP friends who get divorced and they have all the social skills of a ferret because they spent their life in an incubator.

No doubt in rare instances it can be done.

The question for a lot of us is if it should be done. Personally, for me only, the answer is an easy no.

I am the type of person that is constantly learning, evolving, changing. Burt 2003 is unlike Burt 2013 in many ways. To expect another person to change in the same way is not realistic. This is especially true for people who marry in their late teens or early 20s - ridiculous to believe in most cases that you will still be compatible in your 30s. Well, maybe if you lead very static, boring lives and believe late night talk shows teach you about life.

There are reasons why government supports marriage/family. A married person with kids is controllable and docile in most cases. You can't think/share too much because you are a part of a small collective. A family unit. Shut up or it might rock the boat and upset Junior.

Marriage is fine for those who believe they cannot be happy unless bonded to another person. Some of us just don't want that; to each their own. One is not better than the other. I say if you are happy being single stay that way, period, end of story. For a man, in most cases, there simply is no benefit.

BTW, all relationships end one way or another. The first thing a student in a sociology class learns is usually this fact. If you are married for 40 years it is most like due to being a compliant, boring person that never objects or questions. Sorry, not trying to offend, just the truth as I see it.

There is the old, tired argument that 'do you really want to be alone in your old age?" Well getting married now is no guarantee of having a chatty Cathy around then. In fact, she leaves or dies and you are less capable of finding a replacement chatterbox then. I have AARP friends who get divorced and they have all the social skills of a ferret because they spent their life in an incubator.

WOW... you have no idea what love is, do you?

This would probably explain some things about you... but I don't seem to have enough concern for you to waste the 45 seconds required to formulate an analysis.

I will, however, inform you that love actually has nothing to do with any of those things you list as reasons for why it supposedly doesn't exist, for you. You love the character of a person's heart. Their views of things WILL change (you're not special, sorry... happens to everyone), your political ideologies will change, your religious convictions will change, your body shape and skin-tightness.... all will change. But the character of a heart never does.

In 12 years knowing my wife, we've grown up together. Our views have drifted together and apart and back together many times over. Presently, to give political ideology for example, she could be over-generalized as an authoritarian Christian conservative. I'm more of an individualistic-liberal. We have no problem with this... just makes for interesting debates.

The only constant is that we love the bubblegum out of each other.

Stick to the tinfoil, dude.. at least paranoid delusion is something you have first-hand experience with.

im just curious about what a woman has done to burt to turn him away from a serious relationship for life. i do find it funny how married men fear their wives though. other times i laugh at the clearly :s0026: men.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top