JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have read that if you want to use them for online purchases that you have to register a billing address to it?
Interesting. I get these things every so often. Used to get them from Wife's parents and always get one when I buy tires. I am not sure I ever used one to shop online. I probably never have as I ALWAYS use a Credit Card for online buying due to the protections. So I have always burned up the gift cards at a store. Will be curious to hear if anyone here does use them for buying stuff online do they have to somehow register an address to them.

I almost have my favorite FFL in agreement to receive packages during a trial period for pick up by customers from WA and OR. It would be a fee service much like a gun transfer is now, minus the FFL part of it and at a reduced cost compared to standard firearm transfer fee.

I am still trying to convince myself there would be a market for the service that isn't being fulfilled by existing companies.

There might be many reasons somebody would want a package delivered to a company versus their front porch. Porch pirates, hiding gift or other delivery from family, deferring sales tax, being able to accept deliveries from companies who refuse to ship to WA, etc.

One concern I have is the policy some companies may have regarding shipping products to an address other than the billing address. A visa gift card with a billing address the same as the shipping address might serve to fix that problem.

Last Edited:
Interesting. I get these things every so often. Used to get them from Wife's parents and always get one when I buy tires. I am not sure I ever used one to shop online. I probably never have as I ALWAYS use a Credit Card for online buying due to the protections. So I have always burned up the gift cards at a store. Will be curious to hear if anyone here does use them for buying stuff online do they have to somehow register an address to them.
Same here I have received them as gifts too and can't recall using them for online purchases. There appears to be way to register an address to them. What is not clear is whether you can pick any address you want or if you have to use your residential address?

Edit: here is an example of company who will only ship to billing address.

Last Edited:
Brownells will ship to address other than the billing address.

Screenshot_20230517_033445_Chrome.jpg

I would fugget about trying to ship to different than your residential billing address with Kentucky Gun Co. These guys are strict.

Purchasing an Accessory Online

Billing and Shipping addresses must be the same, with a copy of Government issued ID emailed to [email protected].

If a WA resident wanted to use a Visa Gift Card for an online purchase and have the item shipped to Oregon could they use the shipping address as the billing address for the Visa Gift Card?

I don't know about buying/shipping firearms with a gift card. I've used gift cards for online purchases, but I think they were registered cards. If you buy the card online, you're probably going to have to register, else where do they send the card to.

You can buy cards from your local grocery store with cash and use them with no link to you (completely unregistered), but I haven't tried to buy something online with one of them.

Buying gasoline might require a zip code associated with the card.

Easy test, though, find something dirt cheap and try and buy and ship it.

This is right up my paranoid right-wing nut-job alley:

How to Use Prepaid Debit Cards for Anonymous Transactions
Nice info find, that is the answer then. That means that when a person registers a card at purchase point they would need to use the shipping address, if they are going to use it with a company who will only ship to billing address.
If FFL agrees to accept non-ffl shipments, I will buy one of these non-reloadable cards to test it out.

As a test case, I placed an order with aim surplus using my own billing address and my FFLs address for the shipping address. He is concerned that he might receive a bunch of packages with insufficient contact info. That occasionally happens with firearm shipments but it is pretty rare.

The walmart visa gift card might be the better card to use if you are going to be ordering from a company who will only ship to the billing address. In my case when I registered the walmart visa gift card, I would use my FFL's address if I was having items sent there.

WA residents, remember that if you have to go through this hassle to order a backpack, that you have your next likely Governor to thank for it.
Sadly for the next year and better we will read and talk to WA residents who had no idea any of this happened. They will not find out until it finally hits them. Then they will get mad and start looking for someone to blame. They will have not bothered to vote and may well tell anyone who asks them voting is for chumps who believe in Santa. So while looking for someone to blame they will never look in the mirror. :s0092:

Do what I do and annoy them further by asking them who they voted for.

Hmm. I'm not sure if that negates my idea, or makes it all the more pointed.
I do this all the time at work and most have learned to NOT bother complaining to me any more. They get VERY upset when I ask them "so who did you vote for". They get even more upset when I shrug and say "you voted for this". :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews