JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently entered the world of online dating so I can further complicate my life but I thought I would share the final paragraph of my profile:

Oh and one final point - I mentioned hunting and gunsmithing previously which means I am Pro 2A, own firearms, reload my own ammo and go shooting on a fairly regular basis. I am not a 'gun nut' but more of a hobbyist and enthusiast who appreciates fine firearms so if you in any way object to responsible gun ownership or the 2A please, with all due respect, pass me by.

Just a thought, I'd leave that off if I was in your position. No need to show your whole hand right up front. If she's the right one, it won't matter. My fiance had NO idea about my hobby, and after a few trips out she has since learned that guns are not evil and actually enjoys shooting. Dating in general sucks. Good luck.

Just a thought, I'd leave that off if I was in your position.
I gave that some thought but then decided to include it to see if it affected the responses. It hasn't seemed to anyway and several of those who have responded mention gun ownership themselves. Some of the rest of it isn't so good though.

My wife was fairly anti when I met her. She didn't like my guns, but she really liked me... so she overlooked her distaste, probably in the hopes of changing ME later. Fast forward 12 years, she's not only pro, but she packs her own.

Chicks are pretty impressionable... if they dig a guy, they'll drop (or adopt) some pretty betarded notions.

My wife was fairly anti when I met her. She didn't like my guns, but she really liked me... so she overlooked her distaste, probably in the hopes of changing ME later. Fast forward 12 years, she's not only pro, but she packs her own.

Chicks are pretty impressionable... if they dig a guy, they'll drop (or adopt) some pretty betarded notions.

Dear God aint that the truth.

Married my 4th wife some 27 years ago, she still doesn't like guns but at least she's shot a couple .22's and let me take a grandson through an NRA safety class and shooting experience. Told me my Win 1300 Marine with laser and light was "ugly". I hope thugs see it the same way, but barrel first.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Exactly the same thing happened for me, I'm so proud!

My wife and I never discussed guns when we met 21 years ago. I had a couple stored away"just in case" but hadn't been shooting for ages. When Obama took office I made a few purchases and started hanging out and talking to other gun owners. I also started getting more political. She got a little irritated about it at first but has come around in the last couple of years. I've kind of had to wake her up as to what's going on in the world. I hope to get her out shooting soon and she's o.k. with me getting a concealed permit. She still doesn't like me talking politics or guns around her friends but that's a useless exercise anyway.

I wouldn't wish Online Dating on my worst enemy. Empowered, proud cows waiting for guys to be just lucky enough to buy them dinner, a movie, and listen to them babble on about their worthless lives and concerns.

So Burt, where do you see yourself in 10-15 years? Hmm - that's a hard one ... either clubbing a rat for dinner or starving to death in a hell on Earth scenario of plagues and pain. Well Burt it is was very nice to meet you ....

I may be old and cynical (much, LOL!) but if these things were as good as I could do I'd just keep it in my pants for the rest of my life thank you very much. http://portland.craigslist.org/sear...ting=&srchType=A&minAsk=40&maxAsk=50&hasPic=1

I have strengths and weaknesses like everyone else, but the one strength I appreciate more than any other is the fact that I am rarely lonely and actually love being single and solo. It seems like every guy just has to be looking out for that special gal to make their life complete - BLEECH.

I am already complete, and happy. I don't mind a romp here and there when convenient, I mean, why not; do a girl a favor now and then.
Just don't blab on about your BS life.

RVtech - please report back your experience with online dating and be honest. My guess is unless you have incredible patience and low standards you will have negative things to say.

No - it is NOT you, it is them.

Online dating = dumpster diving and the fat rodents are waiting.

Online dating seems to be a train wreck waiting to happen. I'm married so I don't have the same point of view, (read "jaded dick"). Anyhow the secretary at my work is on there, (POF), as well as a couple of other friends, and it just seems to be hot mess or way way to much baggage. I used to work with a guy who found his wife on there, so at least they were equally messed up, or there actually may be some hope. Go in with your eye on the door and your thumb on the safety.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't wish Online Dating on my worst enemy. Empowered, proud cows waiting for guys to be just lucky enough to buy them dinner, a movie, and listen to them babble on about their worthless lives and concerns.

So Burt, where do you see yourself in 10-15 years? Hmm - that's a hard one ... either clubbing a rat for dinner or starving to death in a hell on Earth scenario of plagues and pain. Well Burt it is was very nice to meet you ....

I may be old and cynical (much, LOL!) but if these things were as good as I could do I'd just keep it in my pants for the rest of my life thank you very much. portland women seeking men classifieds - craigslist

I have strengths and weaknesses like everyone else, but the one strength I appreciate more than any other is the fact that I am rarely lonely and actually love being single and solo. It seems like every guy just has to looking out for that special gal to make their life complete - BLEECH. I am already complete, and happy. I don't mind a romp here and there when convenient, I mean, why not; do a girl a favor now and then.
Just don't blab on about your BS life.

RVtech - please report back your experience with online dating and be honest. My guess is unless you have incredible patience and low standards you will have negative things to say. No - it is NOT you, it is them.
Online dating = dumpster diving and the fat rodents are waiting.

Quoted for truth.

I actually met my wife on OkCupid, and I also know two other married couples from church that met there. If you maintain high standards going in, then you'll be able to weed out the "fat rodents" - good one Burt! I didn't list anything about owning or shooting guns, but she figured it out rather quickly by the earplugs hanging from my rear view mirror. She went from Libtard to gun toting libertarian, and she just got her CCL.

I actually met my wife on OkCupid, and I also know two other married couples from church that met there. If you maintain high standards going in, then you'll be able to weed out the "fat rodents" - good one Burt! I didn't list anything about owning or shooting guns, but she figured it out rather quickly by the earplugs hanging from my rear view mirror. She went from Libtard to gun toting libertarian, and she just got her CCL.

You are an extreme minority in that respect.

why put yourself through that? my girlfriends family is always trying to find husbands for the young women in their family back in cambodia. they cook, clean, do anything you ask and best yet they know very little english, so you never hear them complain. they also look on owning weapons as good for their security. should i put a good word in for you?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top