JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats very positve that gun owners and hunters within the Democratic party of Oregon are pushing to pick and influence candidates that support gun rights.

The trend in the democratic party nationally has been the opposite. Most of the anti-gun legislation is coming from the Democratic side in Congress currently. I sure would like to see this trend reversed.

This is the message site for one of the pro-gun-freedoms factions of the Oregon Democratic Party: http://BlueSteelDemocrats.blogspot.com

Our "shall-issue" concealed gun carry law came courtesy of Democrat gun activists. Alas, it was a compromise that also brought us the "gunshow loophole closure", but I call it a good deal......................elsullo :s0155:

It wasn't just the pro-gunners - If I remember correctly, Vera Katz actually co-sponsored the bill!

Oregon's not even close to being the most pro-gun state, but based on Brady Campaign score it's the best one (tied with WA) run by urban Democrats. Minnesota and Wisconsin were somehow given lower scores than Oregon, but I think we can throw them out of the running due to their antiquated notions about concealed carry. Colorado also has a lower score, but I think it has more Republicans in the mix. The rest of the states that beat us are substantially more rural and/or Republican.

This is exactly the reason this site is non-partisan (or at least we try to keep it that way). There a pro-gun folks in all parties. We want them here, no matter what their other beliefs are, because on this site the only belief that matters is where you stand on the gun rights issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top