JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You just need the proper permit.... :D

C6FC8128-A551-456A-9202-23577DE322DD.jpeg

In Most all counties they cannot stop you from shooting on private property. I never call them to ask, I just shoot and if a deputy comes out its thier burden to show that you are breaking the law which you aren't. If you aren't they have no need to be on your property.

It's always some half Witt idiots afraid of the gunshots they hear going bang bang bang. That makes them have more moves than a chicken on ex-lax at a disco dance. In a lot of counties there is generally a 10pm noise curfew mainly for people to get sleep.

You've got rights owning private property. I'd shoot all you want if it were me .

If you really want to find out, I'd call a lawyer and just ask that question about shooting on your own land. A lot of lawyers will give you a free consultation over the phone a time or two. Call one that deals in criminal law or better yet, gun laws.:cool:;)

We went in to the Sheriffs Office with our paperwork, WAC, RCW and Chelan County Codes and asked the highest ranking officer on duty to show us how the WAC applied to us shooting on private land? Problem solved lol. We have a 3rd case number which says we can shoot in our pit! He suggested we keep our paperwork and his card with us the first couple times we shoot so that when our neighbor requests them to come out we have the documentation and don't have to jump back on the merry go round lol. We just wanted them on board because our neighbor is pretty nasty and will probably call his lawyer club and take us to court over it....Thanks everyone for all your help =)

We have a large pit on our property that we have been target shooting in. It has a natural berm so that it impedes the travel of bullets. We had a neighbor complain, (he complains about everything we do and tries to make our lives miserable.) The sheriff came out and said that we could not shoot due to WAC 332-52-145 (3) Where is target shooting permitted?
(c) Persons shall not shoot on, at, across, along, down, from, or within five hundred feet, of:
(i) Recreational facilities that are not specifically designed for target shooting;
(ii) Residences;
(iii) Businesses;
(iv) Structures;
(v) Other areas as restricted;
(vi) Areas designated or posted as no shooting.
We were looking over the WAC as suggested by the officer and it says.
(1) What is recreational target shooting? Recreational target shooting is the use of a firearm or bow and arrow on targets and the sighting in of rifles or other firearms on department-managed lands. The department regulates and enforces target shooting on department-managed lands.
We live outside of city limits so, does the WAC apply? I called previously and asked the sheriffs department if we could shoot in our pit and that officer said yes. Just looking for some clarification as we try to work with the sheriffs department to get this resolved.

This is my first reply. There is a pit about 500' away from our neighborhood. I called 911 to complain that numerous bullets were whizzing over our neighborhood. I am a gun owner myself and love to shoot. But when others shoot towards my neighborhood and others I will call.

We went in to the Sheriffs Office with our paperwork, WAC, RCW and Chelan County Codes and asked the highest ranking officer on duty to show us how the WAC applied to us shooting on private land? Problem solved lol. We have a 3rd case number which says we can shoot in our pit! He suggested we keep our paperwork and his card with us the first couple times we shoot so that when our neighbor requests them to come out we have the documentation and don't have to jump back on the merry go round lol. We just wanted them on board because our neighbor is pretty nasty and will probably call his lawyer club and take us to court over it....Thanks everyone for all your help =)

Sounds like a douche neighbor.

This is my first reply. There is a pit about 500' away from our neighborhood. I called 911 to complain that numerous bullets were whizzing over our neighborhood. I am a gun owner myself and love to shoot. But when others shoot towards my neighborhood and others I will call.

Are you the OP's neighbor or just decided to chime in for the hay of it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top