JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, come Monday I will be picking up a Springfield XD Mod 2 .40 Service model, for some bedside and home defense. I wanted it for the caliber and light rail option and it will not be a carry firearm. Looking at different weapon lights and came across the Olight PL Mini and really liked the videos and reviews. I'm a little hesitant on the fact that it has a internal rechargeable battery. Anyone have this light or experience with it and care to share your thoughts?

Im curious about the same thing. The only other good options are significantly more expensive if you dont want a light sticking way out there.

I havent seen much negative about them on the internet

Two things that are drawing me to it are the fact that it doesn't protrude way out and I really love the quick detach option! Plus, the price point is alluring.:D

I went a head and pulled the trigger on one. Got it for $77.43 and will see how it goes for a while. If I need to upgrade, I'll just have to spend a few more bucks and get something else.

Keep us posted, I'd like to know how it works out for you. I have 3 X300 ultras, a TLR-1 HL and a Protac RailMount HL. I'm always interested in lights. :)

So, got a phone call plus, email stating that the PL Mini I ordered was out of stock. Funny, said they had five in stock and allowed me to put it in my cart and check out.:rolleyes: Good news is, they up graded me to the PL Mini 2 for no extra charge and said it would be in the mail today.:D Me likes me some free upgrades!:s0140:

The PL Mini 2 came in today and I got it setup on my XD Mod 2 4.0, .40SW Service Pistol. Charge was pretty fast and fit is nice and tight. I got it on the second notch and reach with either index finger is perfect. Pretty impressed with the 600 Lumens which makes me glad, the version 1 was out of stock.:D Sorry for the not so good photos but, the lighted bedroom pic is a fully dark bedroom.

thumbnail_IMG_0085[1].jpg thumbnail_IMG_0086[1].jpg thumbnail_IMG_0088[1].jpg thumbnail_IMG_0089[1].jpg

I JUST traded for the same light last night. I REALLY like it. It doesnt work for my wife on my p10c, but she has tiny hands. I had to have it a couple clicks out, otherwise it was too cramped for index finger use. Id like it just a little closer for offhand thimb, but its good enough. (Especially for the fact its easy enough with either hand.

I have two of them. Awesome lights. If you sign-up on the O-Light website they will often send you "Flash Sales" that are only good for 24 hours. Every time they have sent me a "flash Sale" notice the price they quoted was un-beatable any where else. usually these notices are for new models of their lights or when they upgrade/improve an existing light.

I use the olight Valkyrie on my G20 bedside gun, in 6 months use it's performed well. In about 1,000 rounds it's still good as new.

FWIW, I've got a Streamlight TLR2 on my primary "...what was that.." pistol. Had to go back to Streamlight for service; adjustment screws got too tight to turn. Fast turn around, and the unit was better than new when it came back. They changed a few parts and the light is brighter than ever. No charge. Solid product and solid support. Very easy to recommend. Anxious to hear about Olight over time....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top