JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an opportunity to buy 1000 rounds of older German 7.62x39 ammo (corrosive) neither of us wants to find out later we got ripped off

seller has indicated original wooden shipping crate, 5 plastic bags, 200 rounds in boxes per plastic bag, can't see or read any detail through the bag

any help on what this ammo is and how much it costs?

Thanks

I personally wouldn't want it if it were free. Ammo that old is probably deteriorating, even if stored under favorable conditions. Even if it shoots good (which is doubtful) you would have to thoroughly clean your rifle all the way through after every shooting session. The brass is Berdan primed, so not re-loadable. If it were a rare caliber, that isn't available anymore, then there would be reason to investigate it. The rimless 7.62 X 39 is the cheapest and most common round on the planet. I would rather buy Russian steel case than that corrosive stuff. Just my opinion, your money.

That old, are you joking :s0092: The OLDST that stuff can be is 60 years and probably less.

Please dont let the guys that are shooting ammo from the 1940's and older in their service rifles that the ammo isnt working they might be really shocked........

So a little research it appears this is from the mid '80s which is still new ammo. http://www.bing.com/search?q=german+7.62x39&form=APMCS1

Just one of many quotes I found on the stuff "The East German surplus 7.62x39 Ball came into the US in the early 1990s, before imports of steel cored 7.62x39 were banned. It is among the best of the true milsurp. It's a bit more accurate than Chicom steel core surplus, in my experience". Sounds like unsuitable ammo to me.............

To the OP. It looks like current price on 7.62x39 is roughly $225/1000. I would offer at least 10-20% less because I can buy it at retail any time. I would offer $175 for it and $200 would still be decent. If he bought it over 5 years ago he paid under $100/1000 for it.

Is the price terribly different for non-corrosive "new" stuff? Also of the non-corrosive variety, are there some manufacturers that are (generally) better from a QC perspective than the other?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top