JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dammit guys. Stay focused lol

A buddy of mine, at 31 years old, got the flying bug. He got his PPL and got in good shape. He joined the army and went straight to WOC school, became a Blackhawk pilot. 5 years later, he developed a medical issue. He is likely to get a medical discharge. He was bummed but started looking at commercial jobs. He talked to some if the local carriers like Horizon and got job offers on the spot. They're really hurting for pilots right now. So much they are paying for his rotor-to-fixed conversion.

A buddy of mine, at 31 years old, got the flying bug. He got his PPL and got in good shape. He joined the army and went straight to WOC school, became a Blackhawk pilot. 5 years later, he developed a medical issue. He is likely to get a medical discharge. He was bummed but started looking at commercial jobs. He talked to some if the local carriers like Horizon and got job offers on the spot. They're really hurting for pilots right now. So much they are paying for his rotor-to-fixed conversion.

My dad worked in the aviation industry for a number of years and this is exactly what he was telling me recently. So I have a small hope that I could turn it into a job. But I have always wanted to fly. I just never got around to doing it.

Ok--gotta ask----the third crash?
We were transferring stateside on an old C141 and had a landing gear failure on landing in Gander, the plane touched down normally and then the gear collapsed and we went ground looping down the icy runway. Every thing was going as good as you could want until the left wing tip dug in and all he'll broke loose. We got tossed all around the inside the cargo area and I got knocked out and a broken shoulder. Amazingly, no one was killed and all things considdered, the flight crew did an awesome job!

I am currently licenced lsa multi engine. Working on my instrument rating!
I have a current f.a. 385 certification which allows me to do my own tbo and air frame certs. So basically, I can fly most any thing I want and can build and certify my engines and airframes with out the F.a.a. sticking it's nose gear in my bidniz.

I am currently licenced lsa multi engine. Working on my instrument rating!
I have a current f.a. 385 certification which allows me to do my own tbo and air frame certs. So basically, I can fly most any thing I want and can build and certify my engines and airframes with out the F.a.a. sticking it's nose gear in my bidniz.
Damn, @Ura-Ki you make me wish I were in your neighborhood to ask about an internship. :)

F***ing America's Airmen - "We're not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"

So-k, grew up a Navy brat all over both coasts, but mainly Bremerton. Even worse is dad was a tin can capt, so I got it really bad!!!
Imagine having very senior naval officers at the house all the time checking up on ya!

Here is the path my friend took to get to the larger airlines. He was just hired to Virgin (which will be Alaska). After he got his ratings to fly a jet, he flew private for a couple years. He then got hired on with sky west. He stayed there for 7 years, finally made Capitan and then left to virgin to sit second set for another 10 yrs but will make more money long term.(didn't have enough hours to get hired as a Capitan)

I believe they also require a 4 year degree, his is in airline management. Its a long competitive road, against a lot of people who come from money. There isnt much actual flyimg anymore. Take off then the computer takes over after 5k feet or so and then you land. You read a lot of magazines and just monitor. It can be real boring at times. He is so happy that they are allowing them to use the Wi-Fi on the plane.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top