JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please post known fire closures that affect our outdoor shooting areas.
Also post re-openings and questions about closures.

This way, we can come to one thread and get the most up-to-date information on Fire Closures.

As type this, I have not heard of any shooting areas under closure.
Please add new info as it comes in.

Bill @Cogs went rogue on me and posted somewhere else that WA State Lands (WA - DNR)
are closed to recreational shooting until further notice.
Ha! Yeah, I got derailed by the closure of target shooting on WA State managed lands that surprised us all on Saturday! These are only WA Dept Of Nat Resources lands... for now. I haven't heard any other info about WA Dept of Fish & Wildlife, National Forests or Bureau of Land Management lands.

Here's a link to their 'LATE' press release: CORRECTED: High Fire Danger Across Washington Prompts Temporary Ban of Shooting on DNR Lands | WA - DNR

And here's a link to how we learned of the closure: Information and Surprises handed out in the Capitol State Forest. Aug 15, 2020.

WDFW closed down pretty much all lands they manage on 7/1, with special mention made of shooting ranges. As the local range in the Methow Valley is on WDFW lands, I had to renew my membership at the Okanogan range so I'd have some place to shoot, it's literally in the middle of a gravel pit, so no worries about fire danger. Later.

Dave

Olympic for now is not only open, they're posting about it on Twitter!

CE5F2FC7-0DEB-4C53-903B-B23C757C571C.png

Olympic for now is not only open, they're posting about it on Twitter!

View attachment 743596
Good find! It's rare that a Nat Forest agency will say much about target shooting unless it about the volume of trash by target shooters or the shot up signs. So, go to see this little encouragement to keep it clean without making shooting look bad. I'll share that to the Trash No Land FB page.

Olympic NF is national anyway. So, they haven't been closed. Only WA State lands are closed... so far! But that could change with a little more hot weather!

Bill

Care to join us this Saturday? It's on State land so it's closed to shooting, but it would give you an opportunity to see a couple good sites when things reopen. Post in this thread if you can join us. There should be about 3-5 people going up on Saturday, the 5th.
Clark County Shooting sites cleanups
Id love to but I dont think I'd be much help . I'm old, disabled and dont get around too well anymore. :( I may come out to cheer you guys on tho... :s0090:

TILLAMOOK STATE FOREST...

Road access into forest to be gated and temporarily closed at some locations along Hwy 6 & Hwy 26, to help prevent wild fires.

Hunting and foot traffic still okay to access.

Read more at their blog (and bookmark this link for up to date info on the Tillamook SF).

Tillamook State Forest Blog

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads