JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
August 22

Shooting still banned on Larch Mountain?
WA DNR I believe administers that area.
And they are yet another agency whose website is sucky in that you have to drill down to find anything at all about wildfire danger and restrictions.
It should be in a giant banner on their homepage !
And then it never seems to address target shooting.
I think it's still prohibited though, since Larch Mt. area is still listed as Very High/Extreme Fire Danger.
https://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/protection/firedanger/

Maybe someone else with better info can comment ?

Yes, all WA DNR land, including Larch Mtn (Yacolt Burn State Forest), is still closed to shooting. Hunting is okay but not target shooting. TFN (and they haven't given any notice yet). Same goes for all WDFW managed lands. Again, hunting is allowed but that's it.

I wasn't to happy when I saw this. Hopefully Oregon learns to manage its forest some day.

You'd think after last years eagle creek fire they would be getting the hint. Too much fuel in them there woods!!! They don't properly manage it and still want to point the finger at someone else..

download.jpeg

You'd think after last years eagle creek fire they would be getting the hint. Too much fuel in them there woods!!! They don't properly manage it and still want to point the finger at someone else..

Yeah, forest managers should have cut all those trees in The Columbia River Gorge and scraped up all the slash. o_O

6 Miles Northeast of Redding is the Best BLM Shooting Range in the State (Iron Mountain/Keswick BLM Shooting Area) it was right in the middle of the Carr Fire's run on Redding and was burned (Again as there have been 2-4 fires up there over last 10 years with at least one being firearm related ) I lost my boating lake (Whiskeytown Lake ) which is 15 mins from my Country home for the rest of the Season due to Carr fire but also my other passion (Shooting) too ...

RECREATIONAL SHOOTING REMINDER... Target shooting is still closed in Mt Hood Nat Forest, all WA DNR State lands and WA Fish & Wildlife lands TFN!

It may seem cooler but conditions are still too dry!!!

Remember, Fire Prevention Gear is required in all vehicles traveling on public lands in the fire season (includes all kinds of recreation).

Fire Prevention Gear.jpg

DNR_USFS_WDFW.jpg
I'm getting tired of this! C'mon rain! What are you waiting for, Christmas? :mad:

This rain otta do it. I expect we'll see a lift on the shooting bans in WA and Mt Hood. Will keep a close eye on it and post when I see the official notices. SOON!!!

Oregon Department of Forestry Public Fire Restrictions

It has been raining a bit up here so if I wasn't sick I would feel safer about shooting, but I would still do it on my back acreage where the ground is mostly clear (due to recent logging).

Be careful, the rain has been minimal and underneath the top layer of soil and forest debris everything is still very dry. It will take a lot more rain than we have had to get back to where the fuel is too dry to burn from sparks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top