JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

This has been a work in progress, but these two areas have become too unsafe and unsustainable to be used for recreational shooting.

With the success at North Fork Wolf Creek it has been decided to permanently close the two bowling alley style lanes off Lousignot Road closest to Timber Junction Road.

Reasons for closure are:

No back stop
Continuous use of trees as targets
Proximity to stream
Proximity to roads
Unsafe direction of fire
Future use of existing road grade

ODF understands closing any area is never something recreational shooters want, but with future plans to expand on the North Fork Wolf Creek target shooting lanes sites like these that are simply poor areas to shoot at, will likely continue to be closed off as more sustainable opportunities are created in the North Fork Wolf Creek Road area and other areas within Tillamook State Forest.

Thanks!

Reno911

CA412E42-1100-47AA-84B9-5F91F3BC5C95.jpeg

Last Edited:
The reasons for closing are things we should think about before shooting. It should be common sense to think of this stuff! What happened to common sense?

How to choose a place to shoot is one of the topics we are including in our information class this Spring.

Choose wisely, my friends!

Ah! I went there Monday looking for a spot and saw that, but I guess the sign was snowed over. I instead went over near Reeher's Camp (back near the Carson Creek according to google maps).

Ah! I went there Monday looking for a spot and saw that, but I guess the sign was snowed over. I instead went over near Reeher's Camp (back near the Carson Creek according to google maps).
The sign redirects to Wolf Creek.

Yes, I know. However, as I mentioned, when I drove by Louisignot road (and that spot) the sign wasn't visible. Either it was snowed over or missing. So I went somewhere else (that was not Wolf Creek either).
Noted. Ill all ODF if they removed the sign, chances are it was just snow covered.

We are mapping this area for better suitable areas to shoot, so as to provide better options in the future.

Noted. Ill all ODF if they removed the sign, chances are it was just snow covered.

We are mapping this area for better suitable areas to shoot, so as to provide better options in the future.

I wasn't necessarily looking for the sign, but it wasn't obvious, I DID see the rocks of course :) That used to be my favorite place to shoot, though I always ended up having to fill the bed of my truck with trash left over as targets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top