JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
8-29-22 Emergency Closure Notification.
There was a fire at the shooting site Stimson Creek, behind the yellow gate accessed via the parking area at Elfendahl Pass and Belfair Tahuya and the area will be closed to target shooting pending further investigation and processing. It is posted Closed and ribboned off, PLEASE observe the closure and stay tuned for more information in regards to the incident and the closure. Also please share with those who typically use the site.
If anyone has information to the incident that occurred on Thursday evening of last week shoot over a Direct Message, if your information is helpful in answering some outstanding questions you will receive a cash reward.

9-1-22 Update, the closure will be atleast through the long weekend. Will update everyone as soon as we get updated further. Any specific questions can be directed to the South Puget Sound DNR recreation division or local area recreational manager for DNR lands but there is no additional information currently available.

Watch video by Shane M. at the site.

We'd like any witnesses to come forward and report what they saw. So far, one person said there were 3 trucks, a shot, a loud boom and the fire started. The witness didn't see the people of make out the vehicles. No official word yet from DNR or the Sheriff's Dept.

Closed for now.

Dang, that is some bad news Bill. I'd bet a brick of primers it was tannerite which is illegal on state and private forestlands. I hope someone fesses up but they know they bubblegumed up so the odds are low I'm afraid.
See you at Elbe.

Dang, that is some bad news Bill. I'd bet a brick of primers it was tannerite which is illegal on state and private forestlands. I hope someone fesses up but they know they bubblegumed up so the odds are low I'm afraid.
See you at Elbe.
Yeah, word is it was tannerite along with a propane tank. Witness said they saw a large plume of smoke along with the explosion. Fire came close to the nearby private property.

Freaggin JERKS!
:s0117:

Yep these are the kind of gun owners that give all good gun owners a bad name, when we see that stuff happening we need to rat them out.
All if us will be vilified for the actions of a few. :s0118::s0118::s0118:

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

Any word on if/when this spot will be reopening? I have not been down that area for a while, but I think I remember a little farther down the road was another designated spot, but it wasn't good for any distance.

Also, from the official tannerite videos I've seen, by itself is an oxygen displacer, so it would have to have to have a propane tank, gas can, or other flammable material to make fire. I enjoy shooting tannerite as much as the next person, but adding something thatll explode in a fireball/shrapnel is not my idea of fun. I have disintegrated a pumpkin or 2 in my days though.

Any word on if/when this spot will be reopening? I have not been down that area for a while, but I think I remember a little farther down the road was another designated spot, but it wasn't good for any distance.

Also, from the official tannerite videos I've seen, by itself is an oxygen displacer, so it would have to have to have a propane tank, gas can, or other flammable material to make fire. I enjoy shooting tannerite as much as the next person, but adding something thatll explode in a fireball/shrapnel is not my idea of fun. I have disintegrated a pumpkin or 2 in my days though.
No word yet on the reopening. Some think it may stay closed. I'm not familiar with that other spot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top