JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Officer shot while fighting Racoon...........:eek:

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) - A U.S. Park Police officer shot himself in the foot while trying to fight off a raccoon. It actually turned out to be a bigger ordeal than some may have thought.

The unidentified Park Police Officer was both bit, shot and had to be medevac'd out to an area hospital.

It happened at around noon on Thursday. Someone walking by a community garden near and Western Ridge Trail, just off of Horse Stable Lane, reportedly encountered what they thought was a rabid raccoon, a Parks Police spokesperson confirmed.

Police said the person then went up the hill on Horse Stable Lane to get a Park Police Officer, who went to check things out. That's apparently when the raccoon attacked and the officer fired back. At least four shell casings were recovered.

"There were several police cars and a helicopter and apparently, everyone was nervous," said Andrea Barrett, who lives nearby. Barrett said her daughter heard the gunfire.

At one point, all they knew was an officer had been shot.

"It was scary for a minute but you know, I hope he's okay. It was a relief to find out that it was not a major problem," Barrett said.

A second officer came and shot the raccoon. A helicopter then airlifted the injured officer away. It's not clear how bad the injuries to his foot are or whether he'll need surgery but a spokesperson said he is in stable condition.
Park Police Officer shot himself while fighting off raccoon

My poor raccoon baby bubblegum wrong, he was a good youngster just trying to get his life back together. He had his hands up and they shot at him like an animal. Where's the racist reverends? Civil Rights Lawsuits,,, :D :( :mad:

R0xIo8J.gif

He clearly profiled the 'coon and then shot an unarmed raccoon. I want to see the body cam/dash cam. I am sure the raccoon had every right to be in the park 24/7 and was minding his own business. It is his neighborhood, afterall. The Park Police disrespected him and his community. Now there will be little raccoons with no father, mom and pops raccoons with no son. They likely won't get to see his marriage. No doubt he was struck down in the prime of his short little raccoon life. Stop the militarization of the Park Police!!!!!

Brutus Out

"There were several police cars and a helicopter and apparently, everyone was nervous,"
All this over a freekin' raccoon? I am going to make it a priority to find and kill one and send the picture of it to the WASHINGTON (WUSA9) (or whomever) to show how easy it is to deal with these rodents. AND I will most likely kill it with a good 'ol Winchester 30-30 to show it does NOT take four MISSED shots from a sidearm (which I could have done in at least two) Heck I kicked one off my deck a couple years ago.

Last Edited:
Rocky Raccoon.
Rocky burst in, and grinning a grin,
He said, "Danny boy, this is a showdown".
But Daniel was hot, he drew first and shot,
And Rocky collapsed in the corner.
Now the doctor came in, stinking of gin,
And proceeded to lie on the table.
He said, "Rocky, you met your match".
And Rocky said, "Doc, it's only a scratch.
And I'll be better, I'll be better, Doc, as soon as I am able".
Now Rocky Raccoon, he fell back in his room,
Only to find Gideon's Bible.
Gideon checked out, and he left it, no doubt,
To help with good Rocky's revival.

It sure is guys, and a "fine line" at that. Let's keep it on the up and up and no more jokes that we ALL know are borderline.
How, pray tell, did a thread about an incident with a RACOON become 'racial' ? Ah iz preety damn stoopid but ah kin tell wen someone iz makin' sumpthin outta nothin'

All this over a freekin' raccoon? I am going to make it a priority to find and kill one and send the picture of it to the WASHINGTON (WUSA9) (or whomever) to show how easy it is to deal with these rodents. AND I will most likely kill it with a good 'ol Winchester 30-30 to show it does NOT take four MISSED shots from a sidearm (which I could have done in at least two) Heck I kicked one off my deck a couple years ago.

You BULLY OF RACOONS!! :eek::D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top