JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How, pray tell, did a thread about an incident with a RACOON become 'racial' ? Ah iz preety damn stoopid but ah kin tell wen someone iz makin' sumpthin outta nothin'

I deleted a few of the posts you may not have read. And thanks for asking in such a polite and respectful manner.

Rocky Raccoon.
Rocky burst in, and grinning a grin,
He said, "Danny boy, this is a showdown".
But Daniel was hot, he drew first and shot,
And Rocky collapsed in the corner.
Now the doctor came in, stinking of gin,
And proceeded to lie on the table.
He said, "Rocky, you met your match".
And Rocky said, "Doc, it's only a scratch.
And I'll be better, I'll be better, Doc, as soon as I am able".
Now Rocky Raccoon, he fell back in his room,
Only to find Gideon's Bible.
Gideon checked out, and he left it, no doubt,
To help with good Rocky's revival.

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

How, pray tell, did a thread about an incident with a RACOON become 'racial' ? Ah iz preety damn stoopid but ah kin tell wen someone iz makin' sumpthin outta nothin'

Take the RA out of RACOON and in some southern states it takes on a whole different meaning.

Just explaining for some of the folk who grew up in the PNW and have never been around those types.

Delete if there is a need for it.

I left the south and rarely went back for many reasons, and that's one of them.

My son let his 6 month old Lab puppy out in the fenced back yard in town one morning and this raccoon came after him. He chased the coon up a tree, who came back down the tree while my son went to get his bow, and that coon had a collision with a broad head. Big SOB, almost knee high. Tossed him in a ditch on his way to work and the coyotes had it gone by that afternoon.

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 10.35.45 PM.png

Um...err...ah...ho...how do you miss a racoon with 3 shots and then put one into your foot...and get bit? Those things don't move that fast, do they? I know they can be nasty. But don't they just kinda waddle around? Or can they run?

They do indeed run as well as the famous waddle they are known for.
They are quick buggers too.

As for missing three times and shooting yourself in the foot , well sounds like it was a bad day for sure.
Maybe some more range time is in order.
Someone did post a picture of a Officer with his optical sight on backwards , so maybe so more time just getting to know your gun and equipment as well.
Andy

Um...err...ah...ho...how do you miss a racoon with 3 shots and then put one into your foot...and get bit?
Well lets see - most likely a city boy who was assigned to this position as a 'stepping stone', never shoots other than required qualifications, is afraid of anything that isn't made of concrete or steel and was probably so scared of the raccoon he was nearly out of his mind with fear.

Last Edited:
Well lets see - most likely a city boy who was assigned to this position as a 'stepping stone', never shoots other than required qualifications, is afraid of anything that isn't made of concrete or steel and was probably so scared of the raccoon he was nearly out of his mind with fear.

+1 ^^

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads