JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prozanski has always been one of the leaders of pushing more gun control. In the past he's mostly focused on concealed carry permit holders and making their lives more miserable.

I'm surprised Ginny Burdick is being fairly quiet, I remember the one year she tried to ban all semi autos.

I will always remember.
I have sent her many emails recently from semi-nice to not so nice ( mostly the latter). I haven't received one reply to any of them. Sen. Courtney has replied to any of my many emails either.

FYI: For those upset with the NRA. I attended the NRA-ILA grass roots workshop in Eugene last night. Eugene is Oregon's second largest city with a population of over 170,000 people.
37 people bothered to show up. The NRA was there, for you. I learned that the NRA does in fact have a smart, well informed, engaged representative that is present in the Oregon Capitol, every day, networking for us.
She is asking us to call:
Senator Lee Beyer
503-986-1706
[email protected]

Be respectful, relate how SB978 may affect you personally.
She thinks Beyer is somewhat reasonable and is retiring soon. 37??
Thanks for the heads up. Sent Beyer a polite but pointed email this AM. Seems they always run these garbage bills towards the end of session. Love of drama and chaos?. Steroids for the soul?. Certainly isn't the facts of the matter, or logical interaction with the same. Whatever the personal op's of the NRA, it's a dog in the fight. The reason it's under such a vicious attack is it IS an effective voice.

FYI: For those upset with the NRA. I attended the NRA-ILA grass roots workshop in Eugene last night. Eugene is Oregon's second largest city with a population of over 170,000 people.
37 people bothered to show up.

I'm no longer an NRA member, but I would have attended had I known. Perhaps you could tell me where notices were posted in advance of this meeting? Because I'm finding no such notice searching this site. Or maybe it was just for NRA members?

I
I'm no longer an NRA member, but I would have attended had I known. Perhaps you could tell me where notices were posted in advance of this meeting? Because I'm finding no such notice searching this site. Or maybe it was just for NRA members?
It was advertised on the NRA-ILA site, accessible to all, and a few firearm websites and forums picked it up. Poor advertising is a huge part of the issue here, if you are not specifically looking and checking in on Oregon firearm information, it's going to be missed. A couple of us brought up the fact that we ran across the meeting online by pure chance and the NRA does a piss poor job of advertising and disseminating information. She said they definitely need and welcome ideas to get the word out, such as billboard advertising on I-5 and such. Please don't get me wrong, I am no NRA cheerleader. I too am a former NRA member. I'm just pointing out that they ARE there, unbeknownst to most of us, and yes, I was SHOCKED that Eugene put up only 40 attendees, well advertised or not. There was nobody there under 40 years old, maybe even 50. We, as a group of Oregon 2A supporters, have a couple of hurdles to overcome. First and foremost is information dissemination. 4200 people came to the rally in March, great turnout for an Oregon rally. It was advertised and supported within our small firearm community (thank you Radian and Noveske) and word leaked out somewhere, somehow. It was fun and encouraging. Who did the event organizing? Can they do it again (Cover charge)? Imagine a serious advertising campaign. It just seems that maybe apathy may be overcome by information served up everywhere and often. Ideas?

I

It was advertised on the NRA-ILA site, accessible to all, and a few firearm websites and forums picked it up. Poor advertising is a huge part of the issue here, if you are not specifically looking and checking in on Oregon firearm information, it's going to be missed. A couple of us brought up the fact that we ran across the meeting online by pure chance and the NRA does a piss poor job of advertising and disseminating information. She said they definitely need and welcome ideas to get the word out, such as billboard advertising on I-5 and such. Please don't get me wrong, I am no NRA cheerleader. I too am a former NRA member. I'm just pointing out that they ARE there, unbeknownst to most of us, and yes, I was SHOCKED that Eugene put up only 40 attendees, well advertised or not. There was nobody there under 40 years old, maybe even 50. We, as a group of Oregon 2A supporters, have a couple of hurdles to overcome. First and foremost is information dissemination. 4200 people came to the rally in March, great turnout for an Oregon rally. It was advertised and supported within our small firearm community (thank you Radian and Noveske) and word leaked out somewhere, somehow. It was fun and encouraging. Who did the event organizing? Can they do it again (Cover charge)? Imagine a serious advertising campaign. It just seems that maybe apathy may be overcome by information served up everywhere and often. Ideas?

Sad ain't it, and THIS is S.O.P. for the NRA!" Why was this NOT done in SALEM or PORTLAND where the real voting happens? Multico/Clackco/Washco is THE largest voter base in the whole friggin state, and yet the NRA chooses Eugene, Pussies! Grass roots is a cop out simple as that, A waste of Member funds, AGAIN!

...the NRA does a piss poor job of advertising and disseminating information.

There ya go. I'm sure the national org has a lot on their plate, so I can't really blame them for a poor turnout to a Eugene meeting. BUT where are the regional/local reps? Making every effort to get the word out on something like this is their job.

There ya go. I'm sure the national org has a lot on their plate, so I can't really blame them for a poor turnout to a Eugene meeting. BUT where are the regional/local reps? Making every effort to get the word out on something like this is their job.
All I know is the local lady is roaming the halls at the Capitol building daily. She handles 3 states and the work at the other 2 states is finished. Agreed, it should be their job to get the word out on those things but obviously they are not, and it seems they are aware of that by asking for ideas. Understood as well that they should have this figured out after decades of 2A issues and millions of dollars for advertising R&D. Not stumping for them, just trying to be involved and give some ideas. My thoughts on doing better on info dissemination as a group was meant with a broader field of view. Rome is burning while Nero dithers, kind of thoughts. Including being in a better position on the next election cycle, if nothing else.

We have a billboard right here that supposedly has 40,000+ viewers. How about a sticky in the activism section for these types of meetings and events. Maybe the local NRA rep can post meeting notices, or one of us can do it. Ditto SAF, GOA, etc.

We can become more involved also:

NRA-ILA | Second Amendment Activist Centers

NRA-ILA | Find Your FrontLines Activist Leader

NRA-ILA | Volunteer

Keep emailing/calling legislators.

We have a billboard right here that supposedly has 40,000+ viewers. How about a sticky in the activism section for these types of meetings and events.
I haven't been around here for very long, but, speaking for Oregon, I nonetheless believe NWFA has been an invaluable tool in this year's fight for our 2A rights. There is, however, still room for improvement, mostly centered around how information is organized and presented. I believe this site possesses most of the web-based functionality/tools to accomplish this improvement. Once the 2019 legislation session is over, it would be a good idea to start thinking about how things can be improved, and work on getting those changes implemented. The next fight is right around the corner.

I haven't been around here for very long, but, speaking for Oregon, I nonetheless believe NWFA has been an invaluable tool in this year's fight for our 2A rights. There is, however, still room for improvement, mostly centered around how information is organized and presented. I believe this site possesses most of the web-based functionality/tools to accomplish this improvement. Once the 2019 legislation session is over, it would be a good idea to start thinking about how things can be improved, and work on getting those changes implemented. The next fight is right around the corner.
Agreed and good point. When I want to know what is happening in Oregon with any firearm issue, I check here first. It's my go to. I bet the same with everyone else that is aware of this site, including Washington. There is a lot of potential power within the NWFA framework itself. Could it be better funded, promoted, expanded into a bigger force to be reckoned with for the N.W.? I don't know who owns or administers it, or what their goals for growth and administrating may be, for their baby. I know I would donate to a NWFA promotional fund, so every red blooded Oregonian knows this is 2A Info Central with benefits. If not for this site and members, I wouldn't have participated to defeat or even known about 978. Has been very valuable to me. I bet many, many states that have lost their rights did not have a platform or community available and ready to go like this one.

2020 Oregon Legislative session will be the short session. But then the elections, we gun owners need a voice in the next election cycle, we need to be heard loud and clear. Time to get disruptive...
Yes, I was thinking about the next elections (less work fighting bad laws if the right people are elected), but also ballot measures, which are becoming one of Bloomberg's favorite tools for taking away our rights.

Last Edited:
I believe this site possesses most of the web-based functionality/tools to accomplish this improvement. Once the 2019 legislation session is over, it would be a good idea to start thinking about how things can be improved, and work on getting those changes implemented. The next fight is right around the corner.

Agree that NWFA has been very helpful in fighting the anti-gun folks, but why wait to improve? Need to do it now so those phone lines/emails can be overwhelmed for the remainder of the session.

Being in WA I haven't followed this as closely as things in my state -- is it still in committee? If Roblan votes yes in committee, I'd be happy to donate to his challenger next cycle.
I'm trying to get ahold of Dick Anderson (R) to see if he has any interest in running for the seat again. He lost to Roblan by a couple hundred votes. District 5 is Coos Bay to Tillamook. Quite rural. I think him running again would be by far better than trying another candidate. I will knock on doors for him even though I'm not in his district. Roblan must go if he votes to move 978 out of committee to the floor.

I'm trying to get ahold of Dick Anderson (R) to see if he has any interest in running for the seat again. He lost to Roblan by a couple hundred votes. District 5 is Coos Bay to Tillamook. Quite rural. I think him running again would be by far better than trying another candidate. I will knock on doors for him even though I'm not in his district. Roblan must go if he votes to move 978 out of committee to the floor.
Roblan needs to understand if he lets it out of committee, he's going to be voted out... Period... I'd be willing to make calls for Dick Anderson in an effort to unseat Roblan. This is exactly how we have to treat these treasonous legislators...

Agree that NWFA has been very helpful in fighting the anti-gun folks, but why wait to improve? Need to do it now so those phone lines/emails can be overwhelmed for the remainder of the session.
My feeling was that, though improvements are needed, the system is nonetheless functioning fairly well as it is, and many (esp. arakboss) have too much 2A work on their plates already. I thought it would be better (for the Oregonians at least) to wait until the current legislative session is over, then organize a face-to-face meeting/meetings where we can discuss, amongst other things, how to improve NWFA for future pro 2A-rights battles. But, of course, everyone who feels that they have the time to think about these improvements now should feel free to begin to collect and write down their own ideas.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top