JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Knoop folded and went back to the floor after stating yesterday he would stand with other Republican Senators and walk out. If they can dig one more Republican out of the woodwork, and get them to the floor the dems have their quorum and can pass whatever the frick they like today.

Knoop folded and went back to the floor after stating yesterday he would stand with other Republican Senators and walk out. If they can dig one more Republican out of the woodwork, and get them to the floor the dems have their quorum and can pass whatever the frick they like today.
Time to amp up the pressure on Courtney to keep SB978 off the floor, passing that legislation I pray to God will result in a swift and complete swing of the pendulum to the right...

But the left it's more than just that, it's cap and trade with .15 a gallon gas tax, increased taxes on businesses to fund PERS, parents having no say in the vaccination of their children...

It's pure government overreach, time to start dumping tea folks...

Time to amp up the pressure on Courtney to keep SB978 off the floor, passing that legislation I pray to God will result in a swift and complete swing of the pendulum to the right...

But the left it's more than just that, it's cap and trade with .15 a gallon gas tax, increased taxes on businesses to fund PERS, parents having no say in the vaccination of their children...

That's the case. HB3427, The fake "Do it for the schools" gross receipts tax bill was the main driver according to Sen.Baertschigers email. If the electorate can't see how out of control "our" state government has become and actually vote. Yeah, nuff said. Did send Knoop a nice thank you email. Felt great, won't accomplish anything but felt great. :s0146:

that pendulum is pretty well stuck in Oregon. Everyday there is a busload full of young well to do enthusiastic progressives/liberals/etc. moving to Portland, and holding that pendulum in place.... and a 4x4 converted adventure van full of them moving to Bend every day.

I think the vaccine thing makes sense. If a parent didn't want to vaccinate their kids, why would they want them learning about evolution and an Earth that's older than 6,000 years old. They have the right to keep them home so A, they don't die, and B, they can get what their parents deem to be a proper education.

If parents don't want to vaccinate their kids, then they can homeschool them, which the bill allows. If they want to send them to school, then they can damn well get them vaccinated.

So this vaccination issue is close to home for me, we've got a daughter that's on the Autisim spectrum, but is very high functioning. It's been several years since she was vaccinated and we see year over year improvement in her. She is current with vaccines but we may decide that's enough... I'm pro parent choice, not pro vaccine. I'm anti government dictating every minute facet of ones life... In my mind there's still doubt there no connection. As for the no vaccine, no public school mantra. Fine, provide me with sufficient vouchers for a private school education OR reduce my state tax liability by an amount sufficient to cover the yearly cost of private school...

Switch gears, Canada doesn't have mandatory vaccinations and they don't suffer ramped cases of childhood diseases either. Perhaps we should be strengthening our children's immune systems rather than keeping big pharma busy producing vaccines that may or may not keep the original disease away and may or may not cause greater harm than good... All while lining their and
Legislators pockets...

Just my rant, I need to go get a beer...

I got ahold of Mayor Dick Anderson who lost to Roblan the incumbent by 350 votes. Super nice guy. I asked him if he was interested in running for the seat again. He said he has been thinking about it but it is getting kind of late to start a campaign. He indicated District 5 has some interesting hurdles, such as it is very rural, making door knocking a very difficult task and lack of cell service makes communication tough to do. I was curious what organization we could talk to, to see what the Republicans are doing or have planned to get us out of this super majority and if Oregon has a state RNC like the federal offices do for funding and support. He said for Senate campaign plans, go see the Senate Minority leader (Herman Baertschiger) as he is in charge of what is called the "Leadership Fund" for the Senate. For the House of Representatives, go see the minority leader for the house side (Carl Wilson). It sounded like those running for a seat need the blessing and support of the party chair, and will know what districts are being challenged. We should get info from both chambers and make double damn sure all of the close races are being challenged, at the very minimum.

the most recent area ballots in the mail had a considerable surprise....

of the approximately 15 positions open, there were only 3 actual named registered candidates running!!!!:cool:

Thank you emails to all the Republican Senators who walked out are in order. A little gratitude from our side will go a long way...

It's not over and we should in no way relax at this point. We should be closely monitoring other goings on at the state capital and stay in contact with those legislators who we have a repore with.

We need to begin working on the 2020 election, there's a bunch of
Legislators who should never see re-election after this legislative session....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top