JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to OFF, Senator Roblan may be planning to vote "YES" in the Rules Committee. That would mean the bill will go to the floor for a vote where it is likely to pass, even though he says he will vote NO on the floor vote. This way, he can ensure that the vote passes while still being able to say that he voted against it.

Recommended OFF strategy:

Please contact his office and tell him you don't care how he votes "on the floor" if he does not use his power to kill this bill in committee.

Roblan's Phone 503-986-1705
Roblan's Email [email protected]

Here is the full story from OFF:
Roblan's Game - Oregon Firearms Federation

More ideas from me:
It may be worthwhile to also try to get the following changes if nothing else:
1 - Add a grandfather clause to section 17 for firearms with serial numbers that were made before 1968. EDIT: Better yet, as noted in comments below, the grandfather clause should include "untraceable" firearm made before the date the act goes into effect (if it passes).
2 - Remove section 25 which allows public buildings to restrict CHL carry, or else we would have a hard time knowing exactly where we can and cannot legally carry concealed.

Last Edited:
I will fire off a new round of emails emphasizing this point tomorrow. I am fine if he doesn't tell us how he is going to vote in committee as long as he does vote no when the committee vote happens. He may need to hide his intention of voting no in committee to protect his committee seat.

According to OFF, Senator Roblan may be planning to vote "YES" in the Rules Committee. That would mean the bill will go to the floor for a vote where it is likely to pass, even though he says he will vote NO on the floor vote. This way, he can ensure that the vote passes while still being able to say that he voted against it.

Recommended OFF strategy:

Please contact his office and tell him you don't care how he votes "on the floor" if he does not use his power to kill this bill in committee.

Roblan's Phone 503-986-1705
Roblan's Email [email protected]

Here is the full story from OFF:
Roblan's Game - Oregon Firearms Federation

More ideas from me:
1 - Add a grandfather clause to section 17 for firearms with serial numbers that were made before 1968.
2 - Remove section 25 which allows public buildings to restrict CHL carry, or else we would have a hard time knowing exactly where we can and cannot legally carry concealed.
The Legislative Council's Office made reference to this cut off date issue when they confirmed that the law would apply to non-conforming firearms:
"The difficulty, as I'm sure you can imagine, is figuring out what the "cut off" is for having these firearms"
I would suggest if it's going to pass that they amend it too grandfathering in all untraceable firearms manufactured before the date bill would be effective. Septemberish.

More ideas from me:
1 - Add a grandfather clause to section 17 for firearms with serial numbers that were made before 1968.

And in doing so, we could throw all the hobby builders under the bus as well as help them write their anti 2A legislation. Sounds like a plan....

And in doing so, we could throw all the hobby builders under the bus as well as help them write their anti 2A legislation. Sounds like a plan....
I think some people are beginning to feel the effects of fatigue with this issue. These politicians are nothing more than street thugs pandering to and abusing victims of crime to raise their own stature. Giving them "something" because you've been beat bloody is exactly what they want. It's impossible to reason with these people because they only believe the stories that they have imagined and don't care one bit about the rights of law abiding citizens. Get some rest and get back into the fight - don't give the thugs a damn thing. The fight is far from over and we need to stay united.

What about something like this??

The Dick Act of 1902 - Gun Control FORBIDDEN! Were you aware of this law?
DICK ACT of 1902 - CAN'T BE REPEALED (GUN CONTROL FORBIDDEN) - Protection Against Tyrannical Government
It would appear that the administration is counting on the fact that the American Citizens don't know this, their rights and the constitution. Don't prove them right.
The Dick Act of 1902 also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws.
It also divides the militia into three distinct and separate entities. **SPREAD THIS TO EVERYONE **
The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army.
The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy.
The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The President of the United States has zero authority without violating the Constitution to call the National Guard to serve outside of their State borders.
The National Guard Militia can only be required by the National Government for limited purposes specified in the Constitution (to uphold the laws of the Union; to suppress insurrection and repel invasion). These are the only purposes for which the General Government can call upon the National Guard.
Sources: Dick Act of 1902 http://rosieontheright.com/what-is-the-militia-bill-h-r-11654/
Get this message out to all your email contacts. It's time to learn about your rights. Our current President and the Democrats don't seem to worry about breaking laws or the U.S. Constitution. They do things regardless even if it goes against the Constitution which they swore to abide by when each one of them took office. That itself is an impeachable offense!!!

It's impossible to reason with these people because they only believe the stories that they have imagined and don't care one bit about the rights of law abiding citizens.

Exactly. Attempting to appease these people has gotten us nothing. Never has - Never will. Whatever they win this year, they will be back next year with another 'common sense' gun safety restriction on your RKBA. And the year after that, and the year after that. They intend to take that right and eliminate the 2A. That is their goal. Figure it out. Give them nothing. Your rights will not defend themselves.
(Geez. Why do I even have to say this!?)

I think some people are beginning to feel the effects of fatigue with this issue. These politicians are nothing more than street thugs pandering to and abusing victims of crime to raise their own stature. Giving them "something" because you've been beat bloody is exactly what they want. It's impossible to reason with these people because they only believe the stories that they have imagined and don't care one bit about the rights of law abiding citizens. Get some rest and get back into the fight - don't give the thugs a damn thing. The fight is far from over and we need to stay united.
I definitely think there is some burnout going on here. But if we look at all the stuff they had/have in the pipeline, I'd say were doing pretty well so far. I don't think they will try to move firearm legislation in the short session next year but we will have to bust some arse to change this dynamic in the next election. Otherwise this is going to be a regular cycle.

I'm bubbleguming pissed off at these motherbubbleguming bubblegums right now. Some of these proposed laws are looking for solutions where there isn't even an identifiable problem. bubbleguming out of control government. Who the bubblegum do these nanny-state motherbubblegumers think that they are?

I'm bubbleguming pissed off at these motherbubbleguming bubblegums right now. Some of these proposed laws are looking for solutions where there isn't even an identifiable problem. bubbleguming out of control government. Who the bubblegum do these nanny-state motherbubblegumers think that they are?
I'm with ya.

Ceasefire Oregon would like to set the record straight about SB 978. We were worried for nothing /s :
Yes, antique firearms are clearly and specifically excluded from serial number requirements, from minimum age of purchase, and for unfinished frames or receivers designed or intended for antique guns.

Ceasefire Oregon would like to set the record straight about SB 978. We were worried for nothing /s :
Yes, antique firearms are clearly and specifically excluded from serial number requirements, from minimum age of purchase, and for unfinished frames or receivers designed or intended for antique guns.
Well it's a good thing that they recognize that old guns, as well as old men, can't possibility be a threat:rolleyes:. The arbitrary inconsistency is predictable. View attachment 571753

I sent off a round of SB 978-5 opposition letters last night:
1) A personal letter to Senator Roblan, since I have testified before him before
2) A group letter to all the other Rules Committee members
3) Committee testimony for the public record

For those not aware, the Senate Committee On Rules is chaired by the anti-gun zealot Ginny Burdick. She has long been a problem, pushing "sensible gun legislation" designed infringe on your rights and make you a criminal. She will do everything possible to get this BS legislation passed so now is not the time for us to let up. Contact every firearm owner you know and convince them to speak up NOW!

:s0107::s0143:

RKBA

I sent off a round of SB 978-5 opposition letters last night:
1) A personal letter to Senator Roblan, since I have testified before him before
2) A group letter to all the other Rules Committee members
3) Committee testimony for the public record

For those not aware, the Senate Committee On Rules is chaired by the anti-gun zealot Ginny Burdick. She has long been a problem, pushing "sensible gun legislation" designed infringe on your rights and make you a criminal. She will do everything possible to get this BS legislation passed so now is not the time for us to let up. Contact every firearm owner you know and convince them to speak up NOW!

:s0107::s0143:

RKBA
Great job, thank you!

Sen. Burdick will even use blatant lies to advance her agenda:
"Senate Bill 978 accomplishes this balance by taking several crucial steps to ensure our community is safer from guns without regulating the ownership of any firearm or ammunition."

Please call out Sen. Burdick's lie publicly and privately, wherever you can find an audience, like here:
Ceasefire Oregon on Twitter

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR