JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you emails to all the Republican Senators who walked out are in order. A little gratitude from our side will go a long way...

It's not over and we should in no way relax at this point. We should be closely monitoring other goings on at the state capital and stay in contact with those legislators who we have a repore with.

We need to begin working on the 2020 election, there's a bunch of
Legislators who should never see re-election after this legislative session....

Most that should never been elected in the first place

We just need to have a greater impact on the election process, getting more constitutionalists elected, then they can be repealed
I agree But with the current voters in the state that don't respect the constatution I can't see it happening unless my 1 vote tips the scale . Lo L

It was in the Albany Democrat Newspaper just now also. Like said above, won't believe it until the legislature closes up shop for the year. Then there is that pesky pastor is LO. Arg

Last Edited:
It was in the in the Albany Democrat Newspaper just now also. Like said above, won't believe it until the legislature closes up shop for the year. Then there is that pesky pastor is LO. Arg

I am not sure if the pastor is going to commit to a 2020 gun referendum. They could have submitted a petition and started the process a while ago but have not. Greg Wasson filed IP 17 and he's just one individual. I have not seen a larger push to mobilize for his proposed initiative. He hasn't even collected 1000 signatures as of 2/26/19. I could have collected a 1000 signatures myself standing outside of grocery stores in far less time than that. I'm curious if the pastor is worried about being investigated for his tax exemption status, although churches area allowed to participate in petitions, initiatives, and campaign for specific legislation.

that pendulum is pretty well stuck in Oregon. Everyday there is a busload full of young well to do enthusiastic progressives/liberals/etc. moving to Portland, and holding that pendulum in place.... and a 4x4 converted adventure van full of them moving to Bend every day.

I think the vaccine thing makes sense. If a parent didn't want to vaccinate their kids, why would they want them learning about evolution and an Earth that's older than 6,000 years old. They have the right to keep them home so A, they don't die, and B, they can get what their parents deem to be a proper education.
That's easy for you to say, and also pretty uninformed. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs or politics for me. I'm in the same position as Nammac. I have a daughter on the autism spectrum whose condition deteriorates every time she's vaccinated. We, her parents, are both college educated, believe in science, and are not religious fanatics. We are following the recommendations of her doctors in avoiding some vaccinations and delaying others. We simply don't want to purposely injure our daughter so that you and other uninformed people can feel good.

We need to go see the senate minority leader and house minority leader as dozens of concerned individual citizens and apply pressure to find and fund challengers to these democrat seats. Im told the party chair holds the keys to individual campaigns. Are they actively seeking a dedicated challenger to these districts? Pressing the losers of a close race to try again. Making phone calls to ask people they know or network with to run. It seems the comments on these related threads have slowed way down as the threat has subsided a bit, I bet the calls and e-mails to legislators has as well. Apathy will not win the session. I for one, commit to go see the party chairs and pressure both of them to move their asses. Anyone else?

Last Edited:
Time to take your convincible (is that a word?) left of center friends out and teach them to shoot. Your gun, your ammo, your buck for lunch. Much of the anti-gun rhetoric works because people don't understand guns or why they exist.
Know who you are with, and speak to gun rights in their world, not yours. People who aren't already constitutionally "aware" don't think much about it. What do they think about? Speak there.
Example: A teen I know has "two moms". I got his attention by saying that in many places in the world, his two moms would be killed for their orientation. Even in places that aren't theocracies, and even in the US, maybe 50 years ago. This is equally true for religious people, people of color, or anyone else, because people in history make ridiculous decisions en masse. He already knows what the Halocaust is, and I used that as an example too.
I explained that he should never vote for anyone who passes legislation that would prevent his moms from having means of self-defense. That is a line never to be crossed. People are freer to be whoever they are in the US than most other places, precisely because to bully or harm them can get a bully hurt or killed.
That, he understood.

Teaching your friends how to shoot doesn't have to be a big long lecture. If they agree to go with you, they may raise issues themselves, and you can give coherent answers. And have a good time too. Make sure you have explained and verified understanding of the immediate safety issues like the four basic rules (never point at something you aren't willing to destroy, etc). MAKE SURE THEY SUCCEED AND HAVE FUN. Start with a small caliber, so they quickly succeed at hitting what they aim at. Do you have steel targets? Lots of satisfaction in that "clang, clang". If they are succeeding, then step up to something a little larger, not a lot larger. MAKE SURE THEY SUCCEED AND HAVE FUN.

Do this. It isn't that long until the next election. We need more people to understand guns and why the 2A is a good idea.

Last Edited:
We may have "won" this round but at what cost?? The Republicans are going to come back to the table and vote for the 2 billion dollar screwing of businesses in Oregon..... :mad:
Agree. But look who we are dealing with. The people who control the legislature are the ones who put the state into the PERS trap, "for the children" as always. We can fight that fight in other forums. Better we pay an extra buck for the tennis shoes than lose the right of self defense.

Time to take your convincible (is that a word?) left of center friends out and teach them to shoot. Your gun, your ammo, your buck for lunch. Much of the anti-gun rhetoric works because people don't understand guns or why they exist.
Know who you are with, and speak to gun rights in their world, not yours. People who aren't already constitutionally "aware" don't think much about it. What do they think about? Speak there.
Example: A teen I know has "two moms". I got his attention by saying that in many places in the world, his two moms would be killed for their orientation. Even in places that aren't theocracies, and even in the US, maybe 50 years ago. This is equally true for religious people, people of color, or anyone else, because people in history make ridiculous decisions en masse. He already knows what the Halocaust is, and I used that as an example too.
I explained that he should never vote for anyone who passes legislation that would prevent his moms from having means of self-defense. That is a line never to be crossed. People are freer to be whoever they are in the US than most other places, precisely because to bully or harm them can get a bully hurt or killed.
That, he understood.

Teaching your friends how to shoot doesn't have to be a big long lecture. If they agree to go with you, they may raise issues themselves, and you can give coherent answers. And have a good time too. Make sure you have explained and verified understanding of the immediate safety issues like the four basic rules (never point at something you aren't willing to destroy, etc). MAKE SURE THEY SUCCEED AND HAVE FUN. Start with a small caliber, so they quickly succeed at hitting what they aim at. Do you have steel targets? Lots of satisfaction in that "clang, clang". If they are succeeding, then step up to something a little larger, not a lot larger. MAKE SURE THEY SUCCEED AND HAVE FUN.

Do this. It isn't that long until the next election. We need more people to understand guns and why the 2A is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure every gun owner I know is a liberal, and while they appreciate their guns, it is not even close to their number one priority in life or at the ballot box. It's still a hobby to them, like RC cars, model trains, fishing, etc. Still doesn't hurt to try though.

I'm pretty sure every gun owner I know is a liberal, and while they appreciate their guns, it is not even close to their number one priority in life or at the ballot box. It's still a hobby to them, like RC cars, model trains, fishing, etc. Still doesn't hurt to try though.
In that case, they need to understand that the only conflict between their liberal causes and the 2A rights of self-protection is in the minds of their colleagues who continually blame our hobby for other peoples' crimes. We aren't the criminals. The criminals are the criminals, and they already don't obey other laws, so why harass us with more laws the criminals don't obey?
We want to be left alone. Many of us would ignore politics if we were not constantly under threat of being blamed for the crimes of others.

We may have "won" this round but at what cost?? The Republicans are going to come back to the table and vote for the 2 billion dollar screwing of businesses in Oregon..... :mad:
They aren't going to vote FOR it. They will vote against it. But their presence will provide the quorum whereby the Democrats vote to screw the businesses to compensate for the great PERS robbery. The agreement, if Dems keep it, is to not screw gun owners out of their rights for another 2 years.

All this is great, except for when Bloody Kate rams through an emergency action to get it done and live up to her bloomberg/soros marching orders!:mad:
Dont forget, bloody kate amd Ellen Rosembloom are as crooked as they come, and both are in the hip pockets of those out of state billionares!

Reciprocity is a pretty important one and feasible I think. We will never get CC as long as the democrats control the legislature or governor's house. We also have some of least restrictive rules in the country when it comes to where we can carry. I don't see an attempt to carry in courthouses, jails, or restricted areas of airports as a worthwhile endeavor, nor do I really think it's appropriate in the first place.

But reciprocity would be huge and it's not all that controversial if we set the bar at "We accept reciprocity with any state who recognizes our permit". That would gives us about 35 states we could carry in on an Oregon permit.

At least I had the pleasure of watching Ginny Burdick being all sour faced on the news tonight because her anti gun bill got traded off. She was not happy about it at all. She got shot down again. I love it! :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top