JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2018 election results including "by district". Does not include votes for governor "by district", but as @arakboss has pointed out before, that number should be similar to the total votes "by district". Need to get our voter participation rates WAY up.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/statistics/november-2018-statistical-summary.pdf
I exchanged some emails with Rob over at Coos County Republican Central Committee he said a recall effort would really bother Sen. Roblan and he was going to talk with some others about the idea.

I think I forgot to mention that when I talked with @LethalLovebird, he suggested we hit up Sen. Monnes Anderson to try and convince her to vote no on SB 978. I realize she has signed on to some other anti-2A bills but after looking at her district area (SD 25) and her last election results I think she might be a worthy target of an email campaign. Remember we are grasping at straws here. I will be typing up another letter for Sen. Beyer this morning and may write it so it can be adapted for Sen. Monnes Anderson as well.

If anybody can figure out a respectful and non-threatening way to write Sen. Roblan and tell him firearm owners from all across the State are going to support opposition to his candidacy in the November 2020 election, please share it with us.

Maybe we should have an online website devoted to Sen. Roblan's votes on SB 978-A that will be supported and promoted throughout next years election. I may hit up Kevin S. and see if he can put one up on the OFF site. Unfortunately they don't appear to have a candidate lined up to run against Sen. Roblan next year but hopefully they'll pick a strong one and soon.

I think I forgot to mention that when I talked with @LethalLovebird, he suggested we hit up Sen. Monnes Anderson to try and convince her to vote no on SB 978. I realize she has signed on to some other anti-2A bills but after looking at her district area (SD 25) and her last election results I think she might be a worthy target of an email campaign. Remember we are grasping at straws here. I will be typing up another letter for Sen. Beyer this morning and may write it so it can be adapted for Sen. Monnes Anderson as well.

FWIW - I followed up my SB 978 opposition testimony to the Rules Committee by forwarding the email to Senator Anderson with a personal note since she represents the district I live in. Unfortunately she DID NOT send any response. In one of the other threads I mentioned previous attempts to talk with her and the fact that she is extremely anti-2A. Of course, her rhetoric is always couched with the "sensible gun control" propaganda but make no mistake she is firmly in that camp. I'm not saying not to target her but to go in knowing that she's a zealot :eek:

RKBA

Here is my latest letter for Sen. Beyer. I think I will send it to Sen Monnes Anderson as well.

Sen. Beyer, before reading the rest of my letter please understand, I am not asking you to make a decision right now as to which way you will vote on this bill. I am asking you to carefully consider the Felony violations Oregonians will be subject to under the law in SB 978-5, for participating in activities that are currently lawful and safe to do. I am also asking that you signal to your colleagues, who are eager to rush this bill through to a floor vote, that we need to slow the process down. Legislators should carefully consider how this bill will impact hundreds of thousands of Oregonians, who are participating in what has been and they may still believe to be legal and safe activities.

SB 978-5 is designed to be extremely punitive towards currently law abiding Oregonians and will trap many who are unaware of the laws that are in this bill. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but making an activity that was perfectly legal in to a Felony crime with passage of a bill is dangerous. Some legislators and supporters of SB 978-5 are promoting this bill with misleading and inaccurate information. It is important with a seriously punitive bill like this, that legislators have a complete and accurate understanding of the bill. They should carefully consider whether the benefits of this bill (which are negligible at best) fit the felony punishments that will result in violations of some laws in the bill.

For example with passage of the bill it will make these activities which are currently perfectly lawful and safe in to felony violations:

Line 28 Page 17: "(2) A person who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured

within this state, imports into this state, or offers for sale,

sells or transfers, an undetectable firearm commits a Class B felony.

Line 13 Page 18: "(2) A person who knowingly possesses, manufactures, assembles,

causes to be manufactured or assembled, imports into this state, offers

for sale, sells or transfers an untraceable firearm commits a Class B

felony.

Line 17 page 18: "(3) A person who knowingly imports into this state, offers for sale,

sells or transfers an unfinished frame or receiver commits a Class B

felony

Line 1 Page 19: "(4) A person who knowingly possesses an unfinished frame or receiver

that is not serialized as provided in subsection (3)(b) of this

section commits a Class C felony

Line 10 Page 38: "166.370. (1) Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded

firearm or any other instrument used as a dangerous weapon, while in or on

a public building, shall upon conviction be guilty of a Class C felony. (Note this is current law but SB 978-5 will remove concealed carry permit holders exemption from many public buildings and grounds in which local authorities prohibit firearms from such areas)

Please join your colleagues in slowing this bill down and take time to fully understand the negative impacts this bill will have on your constituents and Oregonians as a whole. I hope that after careful consideration you will vote no on the bill.

FWIW - I followed up my SB 978 opposition testimony to the Rules Committee by forwarding the email to Senator Anderson with a personal note since she represents the district I live in. Unfortunately she DID NOT send any response. In one of the other threads I mentioned previous attempts to talk with her and the fact that she is extremely anti-2A. Of course, her rhetoric is always couched with the "sensible gun control" propaganda but make no mistake she is firmly in that camp. I'm not saying not to target her but to go in knowing that she's a zealot :eek:

RKBA
That was my impression of her as well and it probably won't do any good but emails are cheap. When did you submit testimony to Rules Committee and did you receive an email reply confirming they received it?

Here is my latest letter for Sen. Beyer. I think I will send it to Sen Monnes Anderson as well.

Sen. Beyer, before reading the rest of my letter please understand, I am not asking you to make a decision right now as to which way you will vote on this bill. I am asking you to carefully consider the Felony violations Oregonians will be subject to under the law in SB 978-5, for participating in activities that are currently lawful and safe to do. I am also asking that you signal to your colleagues, who are eager to rush this bill through to a floor vote, that we need to slow the process down. Legislators should carefully consider how this bill will impact hundreds of thousands of Oregonians, who are participating in what has been and they may still believe to be legal and safe activities.

SB 978-5 is designed to be extremely punitive towards currently law abiding Oregonians and will trap many who are unaware of the laws that are in this bill. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but making an activity that was perfectly legal in to a Felony crime with passage of a bill is dangerous. Some legislators and supporters of SB 978-5 are promoting this bill with misleading and inaccurate information. It is important with a seriously punitive bill like this, that legislators have a complete and accurate understanding of the bill. They should carefully consider whether the benefits of this bill (which are negligible at best) fit the felony punishments that will result in violations of some laws in the bill.

For example with passage of the bill it will make these activities which are currently perfectly lawful and safe in to felony violations:

Line 28 Page 17: "(2) A person who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured

within this state, imports into this state, or offers for sale,

sells or transfers, an undetectable firearm commits a Class B felony.

Line 13 Page 18: "(2) A person who knowingly possesses, manufactures, assembles,

causes to be manufactured or assembled, imports into this state, offers

for sale, sells or transfers an untraceable firearm commits a Class B

felony.

Line 17 page 18: "(3) A person who knowingly imports into this state, offers for sale,

sells or transfers an unfinished frame or receiver commits a Class B

felony

Line 1 Page 19: "(4) A person who knowingly possesses an unfinished frame or receiver

that is not serialized as provided in subsection (3)(b) of this

section commits a Class C felony

Line 10 Page 38: "166.370. (1) Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded

firearm or any other instrument used as a dangerous weapon, while in or on

a public building, shall upon conviction be guilty of a Class C felony. (Note this is current law but SB 978-5 will remove concealed carry permit holders exemption from many public buildings and grounds in which local authorities prohibit firearms from such areas)

Please join your colleagues in slowing this bill down and take time to fully understand the negative impacts this bill will have on your constituents and Oregonians as a whole. I hope that after careful consideration you will vote no on the bill.
Very well written @arakboss this can easily be adapted to any senator and indeed should be. Your tireless efforts are appreciated. There's about 8 or 9 weeks left in the session, perhaps with enough pressure, the damage we receive will be minimized.

Very well written @arakboss this can easily be adapted to any senator and indeed should be. Your tireless efforts are appreciated. There's about 8 or 9 weeks left in the session, perhaps with enough pressure, the damage we receive will be minimized.
I share the hope that damage will be minimized. I just sent this letter to Sen. Courtney and I bcc'd all five of the Rules Committee members:

Sen. Courtney.

As Senate President, I ask that you use your influence to signal to your colleagues, who are eager to rush SB 978 to a floor vote, that we need to slow the process down. Legislators should carefully consider how this bill will impact hundreds of thousands of Oregonians, who are participating in what has been and they may still believe to be legal and safe activities.

SB 978-5 is designed to be extremely punitive towards currently law abiding Oregonians and will trap many who are unaware of the laws that are in this bill. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but making an activity that was safe and lawful in to a Felony crime with passage of a bill is dangerous. Some legislators and supporters of SB 978-5 are promoting this bill with misleading and inaccurate information. It is important with a seriously punitive bill like this, that legislators and constituents have a complete and accurate understanding of the bill.

I understand some amendments have been made to the bill. Please allow legislators and constituents time to review the latest batch of amendments before letting the bill come to the floor for final vote. The previous amendments in the Judiciary Committee were hurried through and constituents were largely left out of the process. Our abundant testimony was not carefully considered. Legislators often criticize the lack of engagement by their constituency. In the case of SB 978 the engagement was present but mostly ignored. This bill deserves careful scrutiny and the Rules Committee should allow that to happen before voting.

That was my impression of her as well and it probably won't do any good but emails are cheap. When did you submit testimony to Rules Committee and did you receive an email reply confirming they received it?

I submitted to the Judiciary Committee on April 1st, before the first deadline extension. I received an acknowledgement on April 3rd.

I submitted to the Rules Committee on April 19th and received a rejection reply on 4/22 noting that testimony was not being accepted.

The first testimony to the Judiciary Committee is what I sent to Senator Anderson.

RKBA

Note: Edited to correct info :)

Last Edited:
Noncompliance is for those who don't want to put in the work to stop this. You're are actually advocating law abiding citizens behave like criminals. Not a good move.

So If I understand you correctly, I'm too lazy to "put in the work to stop this" just because I advocate non-compliance? Blanket insults are a liberal tactic. I don't know you and you certainly don/t know me. Perhaps you should get out of Eugene for a while?

It does not require a politician, judge, or lawyer to interpret the 2A. The U.S. Constitution, including the 2A to the Bill of Rights is the "supreme law of the land" -

U.S. Constitution, Article 6 - "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding"

The words "Shall not be infringed" mean exactly that. ANY regulation, ordinance, statute, or legal opinion that limits, restricts, or undermines the 2A RKBA is an infringement and is NOT law, nor is it valid. What is criminal is the number of so called gun rights supporters who don't get this.

dare them to pass it and they will.

Or don't dare them and let's just wring our hands and hope they won't? How has that worked for us all these years?
What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

[Geez! Why do I even have to explain this?!!]

So If I understand you correctly, I'm too lazy to "put in the work to stop this" just because I advocate non-compliance? Blanket insults are a liberal tactic. I don't know you and you certainly don/t know me. Perhaps you should get out of Eugene for a while?

It does not require a politician, judge, or lawyer to interpret the 2A. The U.S. Constitution, including the 2A to the Bill of Rights is the "supreme law of the land" -

U.S. Constitution, Article 6 - "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding"

The words "Shall not be infringed" mean exactly that. ANY regulation, ordinance, statute, or legal opinion that limits, restricts, or undermines the 2A RKBA is an infringement and is NOT law, nor is it valid. What is criminal is the number of so called gun rights supporters who don't get this.

Or don't dare them and let's just wring our hands and hope they won't? How has that worked for us all these years?
What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

[Geez! Why do I even have to explain this?!!]
Well they are continuing to infringe. What are you doing to stop it?

If anybody is wondering why Sen. Roblan has committed to the antis to vote SB 978 out of committee, this may answer the question:
The Voter's Self Defense System

Edit: over a million in campaign contributions and he only won by less then 350 votes with a Libertarian spoiler who grabbed 2500 votes. If he votes yes in committee, he won't be back in 2021. We will guarantee that. With this info I now believe he is beholdened to his handlers. It's likely the only thing that he will respond to is obstacles to his reelection. He needs to be convinced that letting SB 978 out of committee will cost him the 2020 election and he can relay that to his handlers. Better yet we can relay that to his handlers directly. Let's turn up the volume and redirect some energy. Spread the word. Yes vote by Roblan in committee means this is his last term.

Last Edited:
If anybody can figure out a respectful and non-threatening way to write Sen. Roblan and tell him firearm owners from all across the State are going to support opposition to his candidacy in the November 2020 election, please share it with us.

Might ask him if he knows how many votes were cast for Governor in his district in 2018. ;)

He is 71 now. Think he will run in 2020?

Might ask him if he knows how many votes were cast for Governor in his district in 2018. ;)

He is 71 now. Think he will run in 2020?
Short of having serious health issues, I think he will run. I am guessing the reason he received such high campaign contributions was because it was a swing district they didn't want to loose. That is a huge amount of money for a senate district campaign.

What I sent to every Oregon state legislator today:

Elections have consequences. And so does legislation. The people of Oregon are angry, and that anger cuts across party lines and ideologies. If you value your office please think long and hard about your votes on 3063 and 978, and other benighted legislation that ignores the will of the people. We will remember you in 2020 at election time. We are not going to forget, nor will we go away. Every time we are forced to vaccinate our kids against their doctors' advice and our best instincts we are going to be thinking of you and becoming angrier. Every time we are forced to obey do-nothing gun laws while criminals scoff at them we are going to be thinking of you and becoming angrier.

This will not go away by 2020. This legislature has overstepped its mandate. Groups in opposition that did not exist 12 months ago now number their members in the hundreds of thousands. Check on it yourself. These members are Republicans and Democrats and Independents. They are liberals and conservatives. There will be no ideological place to hide, no safe party memberships. These groups will not be going away after you pass this abhorrent legislation. We will do everything in our power to make sure you who voted for these and other bills that ignore our wishes and our rights are removed from office. You will be campaigned against. You will be primaried. We will not tire. If we cannot remember how you voted on these specific bills that's OK. The fact that you are an incumbent is good enough reason to vote for someone else, regardless of party. We will not be silenced. We will not go away. You will suffer the consequences of slapping your constituents in the face.

I got several answers from Republicans basically saying "We didn't do it!" I think a lot of legislators are beginning to understand that we are pissed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads