JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
that was given to me a few years back. I've never seen anything like it before or since. Anybody here familiar with it?

upload_2018-6-27_16-23-13.png
upload_2018-6-27_16-23-40.png
upload_2018-6-27_16-24-5.png

A peek at the crosshairs - they are VERY fine.

upload_2018-6-27_16-22-42.png

After looking up Tinsley Laboratories Saturn Boone Scope...
( Berkley Ca....BTW )
It appears to be from the 1950's and many of the pictures show it mounted on the receiver of Air Rifles
( Sheridan mostly ) or .22 rifles....
Andy

Well, I just dug it out to see if there were any instructions with it, and found that the scope actually fits in a very precise dovetail machined into the side-plate, which, as you can see from that fine pic above, screws onto the action at an angle of about 5 degrees towards the axis of the bore. It even has a minute stop machined into the end of the dovetail. Seems that the scope is held in place by the large screw applying tension to compress the dovetail.

Lemme take a few more pics after supper, OK? Remembering, of course, that it's quarter of six here right now....

tac

Last Edited:
Why don't I have a model 8 yet!!!!
Yes, why don't you? I scored a super sweet Shillin .308 rebarreled Mod 8 with Providence tool and machine adjustable rear sight, and Lyman post and globe front sight, kicks like a mule, but is very accurate and darn sexy, and lightning fast handling! Best money I have spent in a long time! Much thanks to the Late SgtNambu for his endless help and sage advice and his insistence that I must have one! R.I.P. Brother!

Unless I am looking at it wrong that would put the scope off to the side. That would be awkwardo_O
Wouldn't be the first scope to be off to the side, if that were the case. The M1D sniper had the scope to the side for the clips. The PSO/POSP/LPS4/etc are also set to the side to allow use of iron sights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top