JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done! I found a Burris AR 332 at Midway for a good price and grabbed six Pmags for good measure.
I bought three windowed and three gen 2's. They had a limit of three and just the two selections, but the prices were decent.

Now I have to practice patience. :confused:

Well, I picked up my Vortex Spitfire today and have to say I'm really impressed by it! Glass is extremely clear and picking up the etched circle without using the red/green illumination was really easy. I have to exercise patience also, as this one is going on a RRA upper I don't have yet!:s0140:

Congrats on your scope and pmags.:s0155:

For those with an astigmatism, have you ever tried co-witnessing with your iron sights? I have found that viewing thru a ghost ring style rear sight will clean up the dot. I prefer 1/3 co-witness as it give the ability to ignore the sight and be fast where the blooming doesn't matter, but then drop down and look thru the rear sight for distance. YMMV

For those with an astigmatism, have you ever tried co-witnessing with your iron sights? I have found that viewing thru a ghost ring style rear sight will clean up the dot. I prefer 1/3 co-witness as it give the ability to ignore the sight and be fast where the blooming doesn't matter, but then drop down and look thru the rear sight for distance. YMMV
I almost wrote that lol. Co witnessing was how I found out it was really me and not the sight all those years ago.

I almost wrote that lol. Co witnessing was how I found out it was really me and not the sight all those years ago.
You guys are right - astigmatism is somewhat corrected by placing a small aperture in front of the aiming eye. Us bullseye shooters have been using merit disks on our safety glasses to do the very same thing you're describing. And on my medium range iron sighted guns the adjustable rear aperture also contains a dioptric adjustment to provide focus on the nodal point between the rear and front apertures (vortex/burris and other prism sights have this similar feature). I noticed with these etched glass reticles to be useful without the artificial illumination - that the reticle design benefits from being a little larger or thicker than what you might otherwise think would be best from an accuracy standpoint in large part because its simply quicker to pickup.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top