JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been a couple over the years, but they get dropped after the 5 or 6 people each year that want one buy them ;)
Then make a Scout scope with 12"+ of eye relief and 1X-4X magnification. Scout scopes are popular. That is what I want a pistol scope for anyway. Leupold's 1.5x+ scout scope only has like 6" of eye relief - that is not enough, it needs at least 9".

A scout scope would push out a bit too far for a carbine in my mind. It would get in the way of where my hand and light pad goes. But I never thought about it. A scout optic could be a idea. Just trying to keep it mounted to the upper not the hand guard.

Then make a Scout scope with 12"+ of eye relief and 1X-4X magnification. Scout scopes are popular. That is what I want a pistol scope for anyway. Leupold's 1.5x+ scout scope only has like 6" of eye relief - that is not enough, it needs at least 9".
JMHO, but for the last few years (decades?) Leupold has been designing products around what the designers thing would be cool without checking if anyone else on the planet agrees with them. Like with the D-EVO, I mean sure, cool idea, but WTF wants a huge booger hook hanging off the side of their gun :rolleyes:

A scout scope would push out a bit too far for a carbine in my mind. It would get in the way of where my hand and light pad goes. But I never thought about it. A scout optic could be a idea. Just trying to keep it mounted to the upper not the hand guard.
It needs to be at least in front of the action so that spent cases do not hit the scope, and so the action could be cleared easily without removing the scope. E.G., on an AK or FN-FAL, the scope ocular lens (eyepiece) must be in front of the forward edge of dust cover. On a bolt action, it should be in front of the ejection port. On rifles that allow stripper clips to load a mag in the rifle, you should be able to load with the stripper clip without removing any optics.

JMHO, but for the last few years (decades?) Leupold has been designing products around what the designers thing would be cool without checking if anyone else on the planet agrees with them. Like with the D-EVO, I mean sure, cool idea, but WTF wants a huge booger hook hanging off the side of their gun :rolleyes:
Leupold does have large defense contracts, so I think the DoD drives at least some of their designs.

Every time I mess with a red dot on something other than a 25 yard gun I always end up back with an LPVO.

Even with my new glasses the astigmatism still bugs me.
Then I start thinking, gee it would be swell if I could see it a bit better...

A prism 1x would work for me if I didn't need any magnification, so the LPVO gets put on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top