JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi gents. I'm looking for a red dot but I have problems with parallax. A prism red dot is supposed to eliminate that problem, but I haven't found much info about it so I was hoping you more knowledgeable would be kind enough to provide some information.

Thank you.

BTW it will go on my first 80% build, a 10.5" 5.56 pistol. :cool:

my astigmatism makes a red dot look like a starburst. etched prism reticles are as clear as it gets for me. dunno it that helps with parallax but thats all i got :)

Hi gents. I'm looking for a red dot but I have problems with parallax. A prism red dot is supposed to eliminate that problem, but I haven't found much info about it so I was hoping you more knowledgeable would be kind enough to provide some information.

Thank you.

BTW it will go on my first 80% build, a 10.5" 5.56 pistol. :cool:

I've been using them for the same reason. Pretty much all the standard red dots and holographics are just a red blur. Prismatics give me a much crisper red dot and as a bonus if your battery dies you still have an etched reticle. They are a bit heavier, though, due to the extra glass.

I'm starting to think more and more about ACSS reticles if I'm going beyond fixed powers since they have the same features along with with distance and wind compensation.

i also just built up an 80% pistol. i am seriously considering the vortex spitfire prism 1x or the primary arms acss prism 1x. both are lifetime warranty so its hard to go wrong

i also just built up an 80% pistol. i am seriously considering the vortex spitfire prism 1x or the primary arms acss prism 1x. both are lifetime warranty so its hard to go wrong

I have two of the original Vortex prismatics. They have been rugged and reliable. I have zero bad to say about them. The only improvements I could suggest would be the covers, especially the rear) need to attach better and it would be nice to have a QD option. Otherwise 5 stars.

I also have astigmatism. The 1x prism seems like a great idea. However if I am going to lose the speed and parralax-free performance of the red dot, I want the versatility of a LPVO, so I can dial up to 4x or 6x if needed. And daylight bright LPVO with a good 1x are $$$.

Even with the starburst, I think the advantages are worth it. And when I fire up the surefire it washes out some of the starburst edges.

I found a Primary Arms 3x prism that I think I'm going to order in the morning. The website checkout was messed up or I'd have already ordered it.

It seems like an excellent option for my purposes and you guys put me on the trail.
So thank you all for the input.
It will be a while before the build stuff gets here, but I'll let you know how it works out.

I really like this Vortex Spitfire Prism sight. Big open clear view dot, circle, circle reticle in green or red. Purchased one in August on
sale for $169.99. Now they are on sale for $300 msrp $400. :(:(:( Should have bought 2.
1588150951069.png
1588150972158.png

I also have astigmatism , I'm mostly to LPVO these days , sold all the eotech's. Even on my 10.3" i have a Leupold 1-4 firedot .
I have a couple red dots left though and one on my primary CC .......I just put the asterisk on what I want to hit and never an issue .
Never owned a prism, cool but it seems like its trying to have its cake and eat it too.....dont know why I've never owned one .

I thought hard on the 1x prism and went the LPVO on a couple due to astigmitism.

I checked out a buddies Romeo5 Predator with a green dot and was surprised that it showed up clear for me along with the triangle so I picked one up.
My others with a red dot are pretty bad.

Well I can't order the one I found until the business contacts me and I can buy it over the phone, otherwise the hunt is still on.

I had one of the Burris AR536 scopes and now wish I'd never sold it! They are a tad on the weighty side though.:)

The 3x prismatics are quite a bit heavier than the 1x ones. I dig the 1x because it's like open sites but quicker and easier. I also shoot with both eyes open at close range so there is no distracting magnification.

Well the PA 3x vanished along with the sellers weird website.
I liked the PA, but one of the reasons was because it's available in fde.
So I gave up that idea which put the Spitfire back in the mix.

Somewhere along the way I decided 3x is what I'm looking for. (I think.) But again, they are scarce to say the least.
I finally found one after burning eight of my nine Google fu lives. :rolleyes:

So I ordered it immediately and hopefully it's not backordered.

Thanks again my firearm brethren.

Well the PA 3x vanished along with the sellers weird website.
I liked the PA, but one of the reasons was because it's available in fde.
So I gave up that idea which put the Spitfire back in the mix.

Somewhere along the way I decided 3x is what I'm looking for. (I think.) But again, they are scarce to say the least.
I finally found one after burning eight of my nine Google fu lives. :rolleyes:

So I ordered it immediately and hopefully it's not backordered.

Thanks again my firearm brethren.

IIRC Kingfish on SM had one in 3X (or maybe it's Burris twin) and really liked it. Hope it's in stock and serves you well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top