JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys, please don't turn this thread into an OC vs CC debate. If someone wants to call ahead and check with the manager as to whether or not we'd get kicked out, that's fine with me.

Count me in for sure. And I hope I'll have a new Wilson Combat Professional 1911 to CC instead of my ugly Glock 19. I wouldn't want to be an easy mark for Weebs now would I! :s0114:

The list has been updated :s0155:

I would like to come to this - is there a Wally World nearby I can use as an RV park for the night? Or something else nearby?

Yep, there's a WalMart just down the street :)

OpenCarry.Org holds events frequently, and has had the absolute opposite experience. Your statements ring of 'blood in the streets', and are not backed by actual experience or fact.

Can you be sure to post that here in the events section next time they have one in the PDX area? I'm still a little sketchy about OC, though I support the cause 100%. I'd really like to attend one of these in order to get myself more accustomed to it.

Going to post this just to be thorough.

If you do decide to open carry, even though it's perfectly legal, more comfortable, and tactically efficient, try to leave the gear at home.

Definitely try to avoid the drop legs. I know, it sucks. I work (Security/Military contractor) mon-thurs and I'm always wearing my serpa for training. But it's not a good idea to prance about in tactical gear. Keep it on the belt. "High and Tight" if you will.
Don't blouse your boots. Unless you're in uniform, anyway.
And above all, do NOT remove your sidearm at the dinner table to show to the guy sitting next to you! :D

"Gun nut" isn't what we're looking for. Average guys, out to eat. Just so happens they have a gun.

If you do decide to open carry, even though it's perfectly legal, more comfortable, and tactically efficient, try to leave the gear at home.

Definitely try to avoid the drop legs. I know, it sucks. I work (Security/Military contractor) mon-thurs and I'm always wearing my serpa for training. But it's not a good idea to prance about in tactical gear. Keep it on the belt. "High and Tight" if you will.
And above all, do NOT remove your sidearm at the dinner table to show to the guy sitting next to you! :D

"Gun nut" isn't what we're looking for. Average guys, out to eat. Just so happens they have a gun.

I agree with what you say. My idea of OC is a simple leather OWB holster, with a t-shirt behind it.

And pardon my ignorance, but what does 'blouse your boots' mean? I cannot help but think of a pair of combat boots wearing low-cut frilly pink shirts.

Can I still wear my aviator sunglasses, high and tight 'do, and my Ranger/Special Forces/Navy Seals/Sniper tee shirt:D?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top