JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello Everyone,

It's been quite a while since we've got together so I figure it's about time. Here are the details:

What: NWFA Dinner Meet
Where: Izzy's Pizza (9919 SE Sunnyside Rd, Clackamas, OR 97015)
Who: Anyone (yes Weebs, even you)
When: Saturday, June 6th, 2009 - 7:30pm (sorry guys, they were booked at 5:30)

We'll have the back room reserved, but capacity is limited to 40 people. It'd be great if you could let me know if you think you'll be able to make it, as well as how many people will be coming with you. CC only please, this will not be an OC event. Hope to see you there :s0155:

1. Joey
2. Jenny
3. Keane
4. weebs
5. swoop
6. PhysicsGuy
7. timbernet
8. AndyH
9. westernsky20
10. emanon
11. capdek
12. thelendog
13. jakk586
14. motoman98
15. motoman98's Guest
16. wakejoe
17. wakeadrian
18. treemanx

Maybes:

1. tionico
2. RVTECH
3. aquariumjunky
4. korntera
5. mallard8767
6. CastleFox
7. jkraig
8. 4Freedom
9. coctailer

Sounds interesting.... not yet certain I'll be mobile enough to attend... I've got a date with the surgeon's knife the week before.. I expect I'd be able to get about well enough, though....

now what is "OCing" and "CC only"? Sorry but some of this shortspeak takes a bit to work out......

CC only, this will not be an OC event. Just let me know tionico, hope you feel well enough ;)

"Open carry" or "Conceal Carry".

Unless Joey says no OC, I'll most likely carry a 1911 OWB, otherwise I'm stuck with my PF-9, which is a little less comfortable.

I'd prefer we didn't OC, but I'm not one to tell others what they can and can't do. If we're asked to leave that would be unfortunate. I don't believe the manager is a fan of firearms, judging by his reaction when Nick and I told him we're going to look at guns after he asked what we had planned for the rest of the day :s0114:

DUHHHHHhhhh, he said, thwacking himself soundly on the front of his forehead...... OF COURSE. Concealed, Open... got it. Heh heh heh

excellent points, why support a non-gun-friendly place with our custom? I'd have to either NC or OC, as my CPL is OCS..... though the hardware for which I am wanting that software definitely is......

I don't know that area well enough any more... been a few years since I've been down that way. I used to know of a place in the Sunnyside area, a family run place that had incredible food... but my friends finally woke up, smelled the coffee, and got out of the business. Would have been a great place. I'm not sure the place even exists any more. Sad....

Last Edited:
I DO know a place that would work... but the location probably wouldn't suit most of those thinking about the Izzy's venue... some great friends of mine own/operate a great pizzaria in beautiful downtown Winlock...... best pizza I know of anywhere these days. Gun friendly? Yep.. Mike and Stacie invited me to the first WAC gunshow I attended, encouraged me to join... we've shown off our recent acquisitions to each other as we've got them... right there in the restaurant. Once we were in the back room doing that, and someone else walked in unannounced... he was stoked to see what I had to show Mike, and we've become friends since then as well. There is a back room that is mostly private.... but, in case you forget your Washington geography, Winlock is two and a half miles west of I-5 at Exit 63........ so its at least an hour north of Clackamas..... like I said, it prolly won't work for the Portlanders...... might be perfect for folks from, say, Battlegound north to about Olympia......

Sounds like fun..CC is the way I fly anyway. With 40 OCers in IZZY'S, we would be alone in the place with in a very short time. On second thought, that might be ok too. :D

Sounds like fun..CC is the way I fly anyway. With 40 OCers in IZZY'S, we would be alone in the place with in a very short time. On second thought, that might be ok too. :D

40 people CO and I don't think you would be alone. I have a feeling you would hear some words to the effect of we have you surrounded please come out with your hands up. I am sure SOMEONE would call in some crazy story with that many seen guns!

On another note I am going to check with the supreme commander and see if i can go sounds like a good time!
Steven

40 people CO and I don't think you would be alone. I have a feeling you would hear some words to the effect of we have you surrounded please come out with your hands up. I am sure SOMEONE would call in some crazy story with that many seen guns!

On another note I am going to check with the supreme commander and see if i can go sounds like a good time!
Steven

That doesn't happen nearly as much as the anti-OC people think, especially in Oregon. I have OC'ed in Portland quite a bit, and have only been approached by a cop 1 time, and it was more curiosity than anything else. He didn't even ask to see a permit.

OC gives us a much better chance to spread the word, and does 10x more for the cause than any forum.

I would love to come so long as i am not camping that weekend. Maybe I am just to liberal but I think OC would not be the best idea at the izzy's with this many people. One or two people is fine but you have 40 people OC and people think we are crazy, there is no chance to "spread the word" except the word that people carrying guns are nuts. I think that many people is a negative to most anti-gun people. it just gives them rhetoric to fill the void.

I might be able to come too...

I normally live in the clackamas area but will have my finals at OSU in corvallis the week before, so well see if im mentally stable enough to make it by saturday

hope to see you guys there though, be nice to see what other forum guys are all about

Jonathan

I would love to come so long as i am not camping that weekend. Maybe I am just to liberal but I think OC would not be the best idea at the izzy's with this many people. One or two people is fine but you have 40 people OC and people think we are crazy, there is no chance to "spread the word" except the word that people carrying guns are nuts. I think that many people is a negative to most anti-gun people. it just gives them rhetoric to fill the void.

OpenCarry.Org holds events frequently, and has had the absolute opposite experience. Your statements ring of 'blood in the streets', and are not backed by actual experience or fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top