JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
THE TIME HAS BEEN MOVED TO 7:30PM

Unfortunately they already had the room reserved for 5:30, so we had to push it back a bit.

I'd like to come, but I will not join any gathering that does not strictly prohibit open-carry. I don't even want to meet such folks, who seem determined to get concealed carry prohibited by a backlash of the greater voter population who are afraid of guns, period. Er, sorry, I should not stir up the debate......................elsullo :(

I'd like to come, but I will not join any gathering that does not strictly prohibit open-carry. I don't even want to meet such folks, who seem determined to get concealed carry prohibited by a backlash of the greater voter population who are afraid of guns, period. Er, sorry, I should not stir up the debate......................elsullo :(

Ya know, class 3 people get this same sort of prejudice as well, as do people who own Evil-Black-Rifless and anything that isn't a deer rifle. It upsets me to see this kind of attitude so prevalent among people who I would think would be more open minded than this.

If people decided to avoid doing something just because it would upset the general public, the world would be a much different place. Everything from Civil Rights to our nations existence would have never happened. With that same attitude, Heller never would tried to change the world.

Since I'm the only one pushing for OC, if it is going to cause this much of a problem, I can stay home. If I knew it was a group who was so against exercising freedom, I never would have said I would join.

Ya know, class 3 people get this same sort of prejudice as well, as do people who own Evil-Black-Rifless and anything that isn't a deer rifle. It upsets me to see this kind of attitude so prevalent among people who I would think would be more open minded than this.

If people decided to avoid doing something just because it would upset the general public, the world would be a much different place. Everything from Civil Rights to our nations existence would have never happened. With that same attitude, Heller never would tried to change the world.

Since I'm the only one pushing for OC, if it is going to cause this much of a problem, I can stay home. If I knew it was a group who was so against exercising freedom, I never would have said I would join.

I think you're missing the point that you don't have the freedom or right to OC into a private business, if they ask you to leave, then you have to. That's why its best to ask the manager if it is acceptable before having an OC get together.

I think you're missing the point that you don't have the freedom or right to OC into a private business, if they ask you to leave, then you have to. That's why its best to ask the manager if it is acceptable before having an OC get together.

I realize this, and if I were asked to leave by the management, I would leave. My contempt is for the individuals in the shooting community who think that anyone who wants to OC is a Bubba Special-Forces-Wannabe, and Open Carriers like the drudge of the earth because of it.

...............I have nothing against open carry OUTSIDE of city limits. I feel fine to meet a hunter or hiker or fisher with a sidearm on. But flaunting a gun inside of retail establishments is simply looking to alienate and frighten people, not celebrating freedom IMHO. And comparing owning "black guns" to open carry in a city is like comparing oranges to road apples...................elsullo :huh:

...............I have nothing against open carry OUTSIDE of city limits. I feel fine to meet a hunter or hiker or fisher with a sidearm on. But flaunting a gun inside of retail establishments is simply looking to alienate and frighten people, not celebrating freedom IMHO. And comparing owning "black guns" to open carry in a city is like comparing oranges to road apples...................elsullo :huh:

You would think it would frighten people, but it doesn't. More often than not, I get an opportunity to convert someone. Right now, it seems like you are unfairly projecting.

People say the same things about black guns and MGs and silencer ownership that you are saying about OC.

While I respect your guys' discussion I think you should make a new thread and stop talking in this one. This thread is for a CC only meeting of forum members. The discussion should revolve around that.

Again, I respect (and feel it is important) your discussion, it just doesn't belong here. :s0155:

Put me down as a MAYBE. Have to see what my work schedule is doing then.

As a side note on OPEN CARRY.

I was told that even if you have your CHL that you CAN'T Open Carry. This by an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and also Police Firearms Instructor.

He taught my CHL class. I called him on it being exempt with a CHL, and he said,
"Well, You can walk down the street in PUBLIC and OPEN CARRY, but you can't go into private property OPEN CARRY. Just don't do it. It's not a good idea. There is no reason to."

I'm not sure if he was correct, or just against civilians doing open carry.

I'm not sure if he was just misinformed, or if there is a law I'm not aware of now.

Anyways, just thought I would throw that in.

I have to agree with you on that one! :s0155:
No reason the "General Public" should FEAR us like we have AIDS or the SWINE FLU just because we carry a sidearm. If anything they should feel MUCH SAFER!

I feel the safest anytime I'm in a gun store. I know all the guys there are packing. You would have to be a complete idiot to try and rob a gun store with 4 to 6 guys packing. :s0114:

I really don't CARE what other people think. I will do what I have the right to do and what I feel is RIGHT. Popular or NOT.

I drive a V-8 SUV. I use more than one square of toilet paper at a time.
I love GUNS. I carry GUNS. I Read a Bible. I go to church. I Pray. I believe in GOD, GUNS AND LIFE. All VERY UNPOPULAR with the world right now.

I DON'T CARE! I do it because I have conviction and won't back down like a sissy because someone gets their feelers hurt. :peace:

Put me down as a MAYBE. Have to see what my work schedule is doing then.

As a side note on OPEN CARRY.

I was told that even if you have your CHL that you CAN'T Open Carry. This by an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and also Police Firearms Instructor.

He taught my CHL class. I called him on it being exempt with a CHL, and he said,
"Well, You can walk down the street in PUBLIC and OPEN CARRY, but you can't go into private property OPEN CARRY. Just don't do it. It's not a good idea. There is no reason to."

I'm not sure if he was correct, or just against civilians doing open carry.

I'm not sure if he was just misinformed, or if there is a law I'm not aware of now.

Anyways, just thought I would throw that in.

FYI: Your instructor is incorrect. With an Oregon CHL, you are permitted to Open Carry anywhere. However, (even with CC, or for basically any other reason), a private property owner can "Trespass" you, which means you have to leave if they wish. Many instructors seem to not know the law sadly.

While I respect your guys' discussion I think you should make a new thread and stop talking in this one. This thread is for a CC only meeting of forum members. The discussion should revolve around that.

Again, I respect (and feel it is important) your discussion, it just doesn't belong here. :s0155:

:s0155:

On topic: I'll find out today if I work that night or not. I don't think I wll, I usually work days on Saturday.

Hey, I'm kinda new here, I'd like to meet you guys.
Count me in.
Say, my wife would like to attend. She's a dedicated cc gal. Open to the ladies, or not?

Last Edited:
Since i do not have an oregon cc permit where is the easiest along the WA, OR border to get one?

You must apply for the concealed carry license in the county and state in which you live. Oregon requires a NRA approved instructor CLASS before applying. Not sure about Washington State.

Neither state reciprocates with the other on licenses. So you must have a CHL for each state, Oregon and Washington State if you wish to CC between both states.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top