JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What are members interest?

• 1 day of Pistol

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • 1 day of Rifle

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 1 day Pistol/Rifle combo

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2 day = 1 day each of Pistol - Rifle

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Weekend

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Mid-Week

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have a dog in this one cuz it's not probable I will go but I did want to toss something out.

Unless your getting prepayment for these classes, I would count on at least 3/4 of the people that say they are interested to back out at the last min.

I've seen this with the NWFA lowers, group buys, cleanups etc.

Not that the people here aren't great folks but unless they pay for the class ahead of time my money would be on the class being a fraction of the size of the people that say they will make it.

I'll leave this thread going for a week to see what folks want. Appears overwhelming its looking like 2 days.

Then we'll figure out a weekend, that will be the best determination of who will be coming.

The last thing will need is pre-payment by a certain date, as I need to schedule extra instructors.

Okay I'm going to just throw this out there for a idea .not trying to tell you how to run the school JUST A IDIA.
if you're going to do a two day class Rifle and pistol .what about part of the class is both.
Like say on the second day for the last two or three hours . have both Rifle and pistol together .you know practice going from Rifle to pistol and back and forth LIKE I SAID JUST A IDEA lol.
Your the teacher I'm the student .

Another question if I have a friend who is not a NWFA MEMBER would he get the same deal lol just asking BECAUSE HE HAS A MOTOR HOME LOL

I'm down with it I just will need a definite date and time so I can put in for off time at work so I hope this gets a good response .
There are not a lot of training Schools here in Washington and hardly any outside .most are indoor .

Okay I'm going to just throw this out there for a idea .not trying to tell you how to run the school JUST A IDIA.
if you're going to do a two day class Rifle and pistol .what about part of the class is both.
Like say on the second day for the last two or three hours . have both Rifle and pistol together .you know practice going from Rifle to pistol and back and forth LIKE I SAID JUST A IDEA lol.
Your the teacher I'm the student .

When I have a group such as this, a forum get together, I get people with experience all over the spectrum. So the first hour or so will tell me where I can go and how fast.

I would say most, in the upper 80% range have shot quite a bit, but have not worked on running the platform of their choice to the point where they can concentrate on what's out in front of them, instead of what's in their hands...this is the purpose of "Run the Gun" classes. To get shooters going in that direction. I don't run the students hard, but most get info overload by mid afternoon on the second day. So I slow it down more, and ask where the student feels the weakest of what they just learned, and work on those things.

I find a lot of people want to run and gun, but they get hindered by not being able to run the their chosen platform efficiently enough.

But I have some fun surprises in store that everyone will like...worth the price of admission!

I have never taken a formal class. I have a pistol and a rifle so I would like to attend. I guess we will see what date it is held on. Please be specific on what items I need to bring like paper for notes, knee pads, elbow pads, how many magazines, etc.

When I have a group such as this, a forum get together, I get people with experience all over the spectrum. So the first hour or so will tell me where I can go and how fast.

I would say most, in the upper 80% range have shot quite a bit, but have not worked on running the platform of their choice to the point where they can concentrate on what's out in front of them, instead of what's in their hands...this is the purpose of "Run the Gun" classes. To get shooters going in that direction. I don't run the students hard, but most get info overload by mid afternoon on the second day. So I slow it down more, and ask where the student feels the weakest of what they just learned, and work on those things.

I find a lot of people want to run and gun, but they get hindered by not being able to run the their chosen platform efficiently enough.

But I have some fun surprises in store that everyone will like...worth the price of admission!
Nice I was just saying that because I watched a few videos of guys doing the trans from RIFLE to pistol .
And that is a thing that people do it's not always a smooth transition .lol
Because where I shoot its very hard to get a spot that you can set up targets .
And do a rifle shoot and move .then transition to a hand gun .
Like I said the more options out there the better it will be .
Granted we not going to learn everything in two days .
Lots of guys have military background but a place where they can run and gun is a good thing . Like I said just a idia

I have never taken a formal class. I have a pistol and a rifle so I would like to attend. I guess we will see what date it is held on. Please be specific on what items I need to bring like paper for notes, knee pads, elbow pads, how many magazines, etc.
most class want at least 500 Rounds for each gun as for the gear that would be up to the instructor I would at least say 5 or 6 mag's for each gun nee pads probably a must safety glasses and electric ear muffs

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top